Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I will upload a self-extracting patch (like the mod has) tonight, but right now I'm at work so I can only do zip.

Quote from: PacaveliTheDon on March 25, 2008, 12:06PM
I don't know what the problem is but I downloaded it with Firefox, IE, and Safari...and I keep getting this error message...

I even updated my winrar...

Quote from: Teancum on March 25, 2008, 12:08PM
I will upload a self-extracting patch (like the mod has) tonight, but right now I'm at work so I can only do zip.

So i will download tonight because i had the same problem

I'm pretty sure it's because we use WinZip 11.1 here at work.  No worries, all will be fixed tonight.

March 25, 2008, 05:41PM #63 Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:23PM by iammingy
I get the same error as PacaveliTheDon when using WinRAR. Only those 2 files have problems, all others are fine.

EDIT: This one below works perfectly. :)

New link
http://www.mediafire.com/?a0jzmjw2jvj

2. Place OfficialCharacters_beta3.exe in ..\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance
3. Double click on OfficialCharacters_beta3.exe and click "Extract".
4. If it asks you to "confirm file replace", click "Yes to all"

THANK YOU for this mod pack! finally!

p.s. Doom has worked perfectly for me from the first second. i'm downloading right now the exe in the post above ^^

Almost everything seems to be working fine for me. I'm having a problem with Sabretooth's Talon Frenzy, though. He randomly "warps" back a few steps when I use it. This has been happening since the Alpha versions, and that makes me wonder if it just happens to me...

And before I forget, thank you all for this!

March 26, 2008, 05:10PM #67 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 05:34PM by iammingy
Quote from: Gevth on March 26, 2008, 04:58PM
Almost everything seems to be working fine for me. I'm having a problem with Sabretooth's Talon Frenzy, though. He randomly "warps" back a few steps when I use it. This has been happening since the Alpha versions, and that makes me wonder if it just happens to me...

Yes, I have the same issue when using that move, too. I don't think the person who did Sabretooth changed the powerstyle code for that move. So, it should be the same as the Gold Edition. I am not sure whether this is a powerstyle problem or an animation problem... However, I will take a look at this to see if it is can be "fixed".

EDIT: Gevth, I think I "fixed" it... :laugh:
http://www.box.net/shared/jxk6lgd8g0
It's just the powerstyle.

Thanks, I'll check it right away!

And if you don't mind me asking: why was the "fixing" so funny?

Quote from: Gevth on March 27, 2008, 11:43AM
Thanks, I'll check it right away!

And if you don't mind me asking: why was the "fixing" so funny?

Because I did almost next to nothing to fix it and I fixed it in less than a minute. You can see how careless the Raven people can get.

Great, now I gotta make another patch :P

Anyone else notice any tiny bugs we can squish?

March 27, 2008, 06:07PM #71 Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:10PM by iammingy
I remember there is a "critical hit of critical hit" bug for Ronin's Spine Teaser, which can potentially deal 3000+ DMG on an enemy. Also, the pistol is on the wrong hand when using the holographic move.

I guess not much people are interestd in playing/fixing her...haha

Quote from: Teancum on March 27, 2008, 06:02PM
Great, now I gotta make another patch :P

Anyone else notice any tiny bugs we can squish?

maybe the black widow mannequin doesn't match with her first skin like nightcrawler before the first patch

Oh right, no problem there.  (haven't had a chance to use her yet)

Teancum, I'm not getting announcer or break sounds for Magneto and no break for Captain Marvel (and other characters not included in this mod). The x_voice is not the same as the one in the "New Menu Callouts 2.1", is it?

Speaking of which, wasn't it the plan for Black Widow to be named something other than "BlackWidow" to avoid conflicts with the NPC, or does it pose no major problem the way it is?