Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys I would like to first say thanks to everyone involved with this great project, so thanks!
Secondly I'm unable to download from the 2 links provided, is there an alternative site?

the heroselect wont launch mua and it opens a window witch says

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. if you click continue the continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue if you click quit the application will close immediatley

file not found. Details

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.Shell(String PathName, AppWinStyle Style, Boolean Wait, Int32 Timeout)
   at HeroSelect.HeroSelect.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HeroSelect
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2756.17855
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2756.17855
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Marvel(TM)/heroselect/HeroSelect.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

help would be much appreciated

That happens if you don't point correctly to where MUA.exe is. That's why it says "file not found". You need to change the game path to where your copy of MUA.exe is. If your game is in C:/Marvel(TM)/ then you need to change to where the program looks for it, since by default it looks for C:\Program Files\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\MUA.exe

oh my god im so stupid i cant believe i didn't see that tank you verry much

oh wait spoke too soon now the characters i place in there arent there its just normal

Mod works great but for some reason the game skips the Atlantis level and starts right after you finish the mission, any suggestions?

maybe u installed wrong man i have installed on my computer and still plays every lvl

yeah I'm going to do a fresh install and then add the mods again and see whats up.

you know you said all characters....
how come you dont have jean grey vision and namour theyre in the gba version
but they're not playable

They're strikers. And GBA is a completely different storyline.

Hello, all.  I got some trouble with the mod.

Cyclops's "radial attack" power doesn't show up when you try to use it.  I assigned it to the "east" button, and a big "3" is all that comes up when I hold the "powers" button. 

His support ("west button") powers seems to have no effect.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any lighting effect when he uses any one of his power. 

Quote from: Samthe3rd on June 01, 2008, 07:49PM
Hello, all.  I got some trouble with the mod.

Cyclops's "radial attack" power doesn't show up when you try to use it. I assigned it to the "east" button, and a big "3" is all that comes up when I hold the "powers" button. 

His support ("west button") powers seems to have no effect.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any lighting effect when he uses any one of his power. 

Did you start a new game? What does the icons look like in the menu? Can you post a screenshot of the menu for powers?

June 01, 2008, 09:06PM #117 Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 09:10PM by Samthe3rd
I started a new game, and all the power icons are in the menu.  They just don't have any visable effects.  (no red when he uses any optic blast, no pretty colors when he tries a boots power).  The attacks still connect (like in the first power and the kick), but there is no red for his blast, and for his "all party + defense" boost, he just pumps his fist with seemingly no effect.

I placed all the files for him in the effects/packages/powerstyles, etc.  I have no idea what's wrong.  Can I get cyclops file by themselves? 

I noticed that some files in the Beta release were dated as "older" then 2.0 files (beta v3 "modified" date: 07/xx/07, v2 filed "modified" date 10/xx/07.

Quote from: Samthe3rd on June 01, 2008, 09:06PM
I started a new game, and all the power icons are in the menu.  They just don't have any visable effects.  (no red when he uses any optic blast, no pretty colors when he tries a boots power).  The attacks still connect (like in the first power and the kick), but there is no red for his blast, and for his "all party + defense" boost, he just pumps his fist with seemingly no effect.

I placed all the files for him in the effects/packages/powerstyles, etc.  I have no idea what's wrong.  Can I get cyclops file by themselves?

Do the powers deal damage though?
If "yes," then you are just missing the effects files....

I noticed that some files in the Beta release were dated as "older" then 2.0 files (beta v3 "modified" date: 07/xx/07, v2 filed "modified" date 10/xx/07.

Which ones? I am not the person who put togther this mod, but I want to know...

http://www.mediafire.com/?a0jzmjw2jvj

the beta_hotfixv3 was deleted by Mediafire!
Can someone upload it again!