Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 23, 2008, 06:45PM #165 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:48PM by iammingy
Not really... Many chnages were made after the Custom Character Concept was started. So, the character slots have been moved around quite a bit.

i was wondering are you gonna include the new hulk in the next release of the pack??? there's gonna be a new release right?? lol :P the final one without the beta on it :P

Quote from: the amazing spiderman on June 22, 2008, 02:24PM
yay hulk is awsome!!!

but im dont think im quite ready for heroselect yet.....

so if its not a problem can some1 just upload the .engb's for the characters??? if it takes a long time or its too hard, dont do it, not that big a deal.

Really, HeroSelect is SO easy to install and use, you should just give it a shot. It's fantastic. Give it a shot and ask questions if needed. You won't be sorry you did.

Quote from: Cates on June 24, 2008, 05:08AM
Really, HeroSelect is SO easy to install and use, you should just give it a shot. It's fantastic. Give it a shot and ask questions if needed. You won't be sorry you did.

Co-signed. :)

First of all - this is an awesome mod.  It works great!!!!!  Thank you very much.

I don't know if anyone else has encountered these, but I have encountered a couple of small glitches that I am hoping are simple fixes.  First, whenever any of my characters are interacting with Nick Fury, the small round picture in the dialogue box is blank and his name shows up as %%NICKFURY%%.  Second, when I choose the Silver Surfer as a playable character, his small round icon in the game shows up as a small blinking red dot.

Please let me know if these are simple fixes or not.  If not, no big deal.  The mod is simply awesome.  Thanks VERY MUCH for all your hard work on this.

That's because you replaced Nick Fury, and the game is looking for him for conversations.  Simply open up NPCstat with XMLBcui, add Nick Fury's herostat entry to the bottom and recompile.  Problem 1 solved.  For problem 2:  Can you get a screenie?  I'm not sure what you're talking about but if it's what I think it is then it's a bug that's never been reported before.

isnt the red dot what appears when the game cant find a hud head?
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Ok, so I added Nick Fury back into my HeroSelect and his dialogues work perfectly.  Second, regarding Silver Surfer, it is when you choose his alternate costumes.  The attached pic is what the HUD looks like with the HEavy Damage Costume.

Thanks.   :wolverine:

PS - The server wont let me upload the pic.  It looks like a black background, with a silver circle about halfway into the HUD circle.

thanks everything works fine, but i really wanna play as venom how come i cant play as him yet?
the only new ppl i can play as is collesus, hawkeye, hulk, moonknight.
do u have to plaay the entire gay to unlock him? cause i already added him too my team in heroselect

do you have the xmlb-compile.exe file in your window directory because if you don't have it the heroselect won't work check that and tell us what happen :D

Here's a quick way to check if your herostat recompiled, hrameezh. Copy your herostat from the data folder onto the desktop. Then run heroselelct and pick the characters you want. Before you launch the game, go back to your data folder and copy the new herostat to the desktop as well. If the date/time is the same, then it hasn't worked and its likely you don't have xmlb-compile.exe in the windows directory.

how do i copy the herostat from the data folder onto the desktop?
theres no files there is only a file that shows the names of characters .?
well this is the only mod i have downloaded an yea i dont know wat to do.
btw wats xmlb-compile.exe? an where can i get it?
which directory do i put it in? C:/folder??

you can get xmlb-compile from here:
http://www.nba2kstuff.org/mua/

i think i say in the pdf which version you need, but i dont remember, just make sure you put xmlb-compile.exe in c:/windows/ (the pdf file should also say where to put it)

I downloaded this mod and followed the intructions to install it and i can start a new game with the new chars.
When i start at hard dificulty using previous statistic data the game crashes during the load screen after the firt S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellcarrier cutscene. Any clues?