Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Start a new game with default statistics, not previous statistics, unless you used the same herostat (i.e., roster) from the game you are taking the statistics from

I just noticed that this big mod does not include NBA2K's XMLBCUI. Could that be the reason why so many people have problems with heroselect?

It might be, however the readme says you need to get the xmlb-compile v2.2, and it gives the site where they can get it. If they would read that, and then dont understand where to get the non-ui version of xmlb-compile, then i would assume there would be more questions of this nature.

I don't think it would be polite to package xmlbcompile with the mod unless someone asks nba2k if it is ok, this is the same reason why i didn't package it with Heroselect in the first place.

July 06, 2008, 02:29PM #183 Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 02:46PM by iammingy
Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 06, 2008, 02:27PM
It might be, however the readme says you need to get the xmlb-compile v2.2, and it gives the site where they can get it. If they would read that, and then dont understand where to get the non-ui version of xmlb-compile, then i would assume there would be more questions of this nature.

I don't think it would be polite to package xmlbcompile with the mod unless someone asks nba2k if it is ok, this is the same reason why i didn't package it with Heroselect in the first place.

Totally agreed.

The reason is many people didn't read the readme (HeroSelect_Readme.pdf) before they start using the program, not even after they have got problems...

Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 06, 2008, 01:06PM
Start a new game with default statistics, not previous statistics, unless you used the same herostat (i.e., roster) from the game you are taking the statistics from

Well, thats what i figured. Ill start a new game with a new rooster then. Thanks for the quick reply and awesome mod by the way. :thumbsup2:

First of all, great mod. Truly impressive put them all together.
But I have a few questions:

How's the progress on this mod? Any idea when it will leave beta phase?

I've installed it ok, but I didn't find Doom or Venom on heroselect. It appears they are the only characters not showing there.

About this heroselect, I found out how to build my team, but is there anyway I can only add or replace them, without having to select one by one all over again??  I find this quite annoying especially because I like the way heroes are placed on the begging. And I dont know the correct numbers of each one of them.

Why don't you put Nightcrawler installed by default instead of Hulk? Colossus basically do the same things hulk does.

Talking about nightcrawler, I was taking a look at this screnshot in Alpha build http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1278.0
Is it me, or nightcrawler there looks more polished? The skin seems less square, you know.

And the final question, Marvel really does incentive these mods?
I got a nice headache trying to figure out how on earth could I install them, dont you think there should be a TRULY OFFICIAL programs to help us -me, noob - on installing mods?

One more thing. I also have the problem with silver surf not showing the avatar when using other skins, only the first one shows. It's no big deal cuz' I dont play with him. But it's a bug.

Just one more question

After installing the mod, every time I start a new game i got this windows popping out saying that Cyclops has been unlocked. How do I stop that??

July 23, 2008, 05:38AM #186 Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:48AM by DukeJAck
Hi guys! I'm Italian and my name is Giacomo (James), i love MUA, but even if I follow all the steps to replace the carachter with xmlb-compile, i've a problem:

the program says to me:

C:\WINDOWS\xmlb-compile -d herostat.engb > herostat.txt
decompiling :herostat.engb
ERROR: open 'herostat.engb'

EDIT:
i 've tried to read the xlmb readme but i' dont understand it very well.

I'm sorry for my stupidity and my bad english

Can you help me??

Thanks

Giacomo Italy

Your English is a lot better than a few members', but that's beside the point.

Have you tried decompiling the .engb as a .xml file instead of .txt? You can open .xml files in notepad.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on July 23, 2008, 06:03AM
Your English is a lot better than a few members', but that's beside the point.

Have you tried decompiling the .engb as a .xml file instead of .txt? You can open .xml files in notepad.

I try ... but i'm in the same situation... (ma porca miseria)

Are you using the command line version?

I personally use the XMLBCUI from here: http://www.nba2kstuff.org/mua/

Quote from: Dihan on July 23, 2008, 07:33AM
Are you using the command line version?

I personally use the XMLBCUI from here: http://www.nba2kstuff.org/mua/

Yes I'm using the command line version... and what i must to do with XMLBCUI ?

Thank you for patience

You can find instructions on how to use it here: http://www.nba2kstuff.org/mua/help_xmlb/index.html

Alright, I have once again returned to this forum to display my ineptitude. I attempted to install this mod, but it does not work properly. After I extract the files, I invariably receive this error message: Can not open output file C:\Program Files\Activision\Marvel-Ultimate Alliance\Characterselect.exe and the same thing repeated except C:...Hero  Select. I really don't know what's happening. Help?