Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Don't expect a new version anytime soon.  3 months minimum, likely to be 4-6 months.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved not just with this mod but all mods for MUA. I've really enjoyed using characters that I normally wouldn't have ever been able to.

Err...I downloaded and installed the mod, but in my heroselect list, I can't find Venom or Doom. All other characters can be found and are working fine. I can play with any of them. Can anyone help me?

Did you download an earlier version without them?

hi everyone!
I just downloaded and installed the characters mod but I don't know why it doesn't work... I start Heroselect, I choose my team and click on start MUA, but when I load the last saved game everything stops and there comes out a window that says: "Game.exe stopped working" :( does anyone know why it doesn't work?

Quote from: Dead_Man_Rollin on September 26, 2008, 11:21AM
Err...I downloaded and installed the mod, but in my heroselect list, I can't find Venom or Doom. All other characters can be found and are working fine. I can play with any of them. Can anyone help me?
Have you added venom and doom to heroselect ?

Quote from: rabz98 on September 28, 2008, 04:20AM
hi everyone!
I just downloaded and installed the characters mod but I don't know why it doesn't work... I start Heroselect, I choose my team and click on start MUA, but when I load the last saved game everything stops and there comes out a window that says: "Game.exe stopped working" :( does anyone know why it doesn't work?
Have you tried starting a new game?

thank you!! it didn't work the first time i tried, but now starting a new game all worked fine!!

Quote from: Venom on September 28, 2008, 05:10AM
Have you added venom and doom to heroselect ?
Have you tried starting a new game?

Hi, I downloaded the latest version, and I also added those heroes in heroselect. But can you tell me again how to add them in heroselect? I think I made a mistake.

If you downloaded the latest version it should have a pdf.file called heroselect_readme which tells you how to add characters.

it's not working...can someone please upload a herostats or any other file that has all the newly added characters in it? thanks.

anyone had difficulty changing the skins?  I downloaded iammingy's Hawykeye skins and tried replacing the original Official Chars 3.0 with them (17101 - 17104) but the old Hawkeye skins still show up.  Same problem with Black Widow.  Anyone have a clue what the problem could be?

Hey all, I am new to this board and somewhat new to MUA.  First, thanks to all who have had a hand in creating the mods and putting together the instructions on how to install.  It has made my enjoyment of the game much greater.

i do have one questions.  I believe I have installed everything correctly and have used heroselect to choose what heroes I want to play with, but for some reason on my PC version of the game I am only able to play with 25 players as opposed to the 27 that are supposed to be allowed.  On the character select screen spots #'s 96 and 26 in heroeselect do not appear.  I was wondering if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong?  If there is a quick setting fix I can make, or if I need to try to install everything again?  Thanks for your help.

Did you backup the original and installed the herostat which is in the Official Characters package? It should enable the other slots.

I have the game backed up on an external hard drive.  I am still unclear what I need to do to add the other 2 slots.  And you will have to excuse me if I need things explained to me like I am a 4 year old.  I am not the most techno savvy person out there.

Is there a file in the original game that I need to copy to the modified version?  If so where is it located and where do I need to copy it to?  Thanks.