Noel's PSP Thread of D00M {Now with a TO-DO list!}

Started by Noelemahc, March 31, 2008, 01:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Blaw -- have you ever captured the character select stage? I'm curious whether the hardpoints where the mannequins are placed get captured.

Yes with DX Ripper. But I didn't see any particular points in the stage when exported in max. It was just the models, nothing else.
It's possible that the stage uses certain dummy/points created in max.

I'm sortof wondering if we can recreate the same points and add new ones to the stage. This'd be useful for both the PSP mod (since I'm short one mannequin spot and the 360 stage doesn't work), and on the original Xbox mod, should I ever go back to it. The problem is we don't know the correct FOV to capture 3D in MUA, do we? Is there a FOV setting that doesn't distort the models on capture?

I believe we can't even get the correct FOV. When you rip the character menu you will see it ripped from the sides (If I remember correctly).

January 28, 2014, 07:19PM #34 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:32AM by LarsAlexandersson
:) try using my final version of Hawkeye Upgrades (arrow pack) & a flip jump edition. They'll do.

:( & If only Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Dr. Doom, Magneto & Sabretooth are in there as additional extra but... i'm pretty sure Cyclops would make it on this one. As well as having Nightcrawler and Doom's hud changed into that DLC one.
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Six costumes is the max. Added a 7th costume; the game didn't crash, but the 7th costume didn't show up. I need to re-check 360 animations, though. I realized I messed up and put in the wrong file in place of the 360 anims.

Up to 31 characters in the herostat (including defaultman). It hasn't crashed, but then again some characters are in "fake" menulocation slots (like 99). I'll worry about adding in proper menu locations later, but it looks like I can have 30 playables. Makes sense since there's 27 by default, then Moon Knight and Colossus (29), then defaultman (30), and then the fact that the game was going to include Longshot and Iron Fist at one point. That should mean (if I'm right) around 32 playables.

We'll I'll 'frickin be. Mannequins exported with PS2 optimizations *do* work on PSP. That means boltons will work, too. That really opens up the possibilities. Thanks to Blaw for exporting this. Now I just have to figure out how to export a handful of mannequins and boltons again based on community PC versions. Probably'll have to 3D rip them and start over, but hey, it's just awesome that it's possible!

*EDIT*
This also confirms that it does indeed auto-convert the texture, so no special need for texture plugins on export.

What if I use the PS2 optimization on a rigged model?

Give it a spin, dude and I'll test it out. :D If it works then it'll likely work on XML2 as well. I have some other ideas for changing the optimization ini files if it doesn't (just the PS2 ones).

Give this a shot: https://www.mediafire.com/?w4ctjj40ku5r135

Interesting.. the file size is smaller than the model I released (6.8MB vs 2MB)

Dang, black screen'd the PSP. There's some interesting stuff about optimizations in the different INI files. It's not high priority for me, but I think I'll be playing with those down the road. I sortof wonder where in the actor-specific optimizations it breaks

February 01, 2014, 05:53PM #42 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 08:36PM by Teancum
Quote from: Teancum on January 31, 2014, 04:18PM
Up to 31 characters in the herostat (including defaultman). It hasn't crashed, but then again some characters are in "fake" menulocation slots (like 99). I'll worry about adding in proper menu locations later, but it looks like I can have 30 playables. Makes sense since there's 27 by default, then Moon Knight and Colossus (29), then defaultman (30), and then the fact that the game was going to include Longshot and Iron Fist at one point. That should mean (if I'm right) around 32 playables.

31 is the hard limit. It's confirmed

***EDIT***

360 DLC stage works fine. That means I can have mannequins and visible slots for all 31 characters!

:) good to hear. Does this mean we can add/change into another characters (almost) from GE depends from this "31 max", example: mostly Hulk as common, & Cyclops (mostly because he has full set from MUA2 (such as his manny) (i dunno if NC, Maggy, Sabs, & Doom are counted) as "additional extra file inside (as in: in ISO)", but not in a gameplay?

:D Speaking of Hulk. I'm going to release Red Hulk Hud now
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html