Gamepads??

Started by bleedingcowz, April 04, 2008, 08:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Do gamepads work for this game, because i have a gamepad and when i configure it at the menu screen MUA crashes, has this happened to anyone else,or is it just me?

April 04, 2008, 08:48PM #1 Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 08:57PM by iammingy
Yes, gamepads do work. I have a Logitech Gamepad that I use once in a while. Make sure that you have the latest driver for the gamepad.

There is a well-known problem with some USB gamepads. It's an issue of how the game was ported. Reportedly, the solution is to unplug the gamepad, start the game, and then plug the gamepad back in.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, I think that may be why. From what I remember, some of the Saitek gamepads do have this problem.

April 04, 2008, 11:19PM #4 Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:24PM by bleedingcowz
It sill doesn't work for me though, when i change controllers in options, the game crashes :( but the gamepad works in XML2

I had such problem with SpeedLink. The game started working well when I UNINSTALLED the gamepad's drivers. Logitech Rumblepad II works well with the latest drivers though.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

April 05, 2008, 06:10AM #6 Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 06:14AM by bleedingcowz
I'll try that......Damn! still doesn't work!!! Does anyone have a media-tech gamepad, cause that's what mine is and i wan't to no if yours work

I have both a Saitek P2900 Wireless and a basic Logitech gamepad, both work fine without installing anything. Too bad I have to use the keyboard since my brothers use the controllers. xD Tanks with basic skills ftw!

Here are 2 "answers" from Activision. The first one is same as what Dark_Mark recommended.

Crashing with a controller connected

Question:
The game is crashing if my controller is connected.

Answer:
  • Make sure the controller/joystick is setup properly in Windows.

• Remove your controllers driver software and try the controller with the Windows default drivers.
    NOTE: Most game controller drivers can be removed through the add/remove programs tool in the control panel. If you are unable to remove your controller's software through that tool or have already removed the software and the crash is still happening please contact your controller manufacturer for help.

Gamepad problems

Question:
My gamepad is not working in the game or is unresponsive.

Answer:
  • Download and install the latest software for the game controller from the manufacturer's website.

• If multiple controllers are present it is advised to remove all but the one intended for use in the game.

• Make sure the controller/joystick is setup properly in Windows.

• If you are using a USB game controller under Windows XP disable some power management features.
    1) Right-click My Computer and select properties.
    2) Click Hardware, then Device Manager.
    3) Expand the USB Controllers Branch.
    4) Double-click on the USB Root Hub.
    5) Under settings, click Power Management.
    6) Uncheck the option which says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Thanks a lot iammingy but God just won't allow me to co-op with my friends, my controller is hopeless..

Okok, the thing is, if I remove my gamepad driver, the vibration (force-feedback) is gonne... The game works, the gamepad works... but no vibration.

Tried both fixes from Activision. The second one "save power" is already unchecked.... :(
No luck with that.

Removing the Drivers, works, but, there's the no vibration problem :(

Any other options guys ?

Thanks.

i had this problem...mua wouldnt even start up when the controllers were in...but i got a new game pad : ), lol
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

I was thinking about that, change the gamepad, maybe the Xbox360 for PCs. Does it work without problems on MUA ?

I mean, without crash and with force-feedback on.

thanks

similar question...does anyone know a way to get the wireless 360 controller working?