Best Grabs/ButtonMash characters?

Started by Keero, April 08, 2008, 06:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I recently tried out the Official Mod and played some of the characters, but I can't really decide which to go. I like the continuous Smash-Grabs like  :thing:/ :ghostr:/ :fantastic:/ :pman:, but I'm not sure who else has them. I like to use mashy-powers and Smash Grabs when I have no energy. Who out of the default characters should I go? (Reinstalled, want to play through normally without my team screwing up from my incompetence with modding. :P) I have yet to pass Murderworld so I would like someone that won't make me change every 2 hours.

tl;dr
Who's has great smash grabs? (Looking for the continous kind)
Who's a Button Mashy player? (Like Falteen Flame/Rapid Tap style skills)

Hmm...Button Mashy:

Iceman's Ice Shards
Dr. Strange's Mystic Bolts
Spidey's Web Bullets
Human Torch's Fireballs
Iron Man's Unibeam and Nano Assault
Invisible Woman's Kinetic Bolts
Wolverine's Claw Frenzy
Thor's Thor's Rage
Colossus's Earthquake
Luke Cage's Block Party
Silver Surfer's Surfer's Rage
Hawkeye's Paralyzer
Sabretooth's Talon Frenzy
Venom's Symbiote Flail

April 09, 2008, 01:43AM #2 Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:48AM by iammingy
Quote from: Midnight Curse on April 08, 2008, 10:37PM
Colossus's Earthquake
Hawkeye's Paralyzer
Sabretooth's Talon Frenzy
Venom's Symbiote Flail

He's talking about the default characters...  :morph: :avalanche: :doop:

Ghost Rider > Mr Fantastic > Thing

Ghost Rider ranks first for me because his grabsmash is a ranged attack and your target (not the one you grabbed) can't really attack you if they aren't near you or behind you. Mr Fantastic and Thing have to move to their targets and the targets can attack you during the split second recovery time. Mr Fantastic's ranks higher than the Thing's for me because you can travel further and hit more enemies with the grab-smash.

Luke Cage's look very cool, but it's too slow at the beginning. Enemies can attack you once or twice during the recovery time.

The Button Mashy combos I prefer:

Deadpool's Pistol Shot (ranged) + Battle Cry for damage boost for entire team!
- effective against single target and boss
Deadpool's Blade Cyclone (radial, near) + Battle Cry for damage boost
- for crowd control
... basically Deadpool is da man!!! :deadpool:

Iron Man's Unibeam + Energy Reroute for lower energy cost for entire team!
- single target, crowd, boss
- If you are good at "Bust-a-Move", you can use the maxed out version of this move to deal with all kinds of targets effectively.

Human Torch's Flame Thrower
- can pierce, so it can damage more than one targets in the front
- relatively low energy cost, but slow damage output

Human Torch's Inferno + Fireballs
- pop them up in the air and watch them rise...lol. Your teamates can combo this with a ranged attack to gain the combo damage reward.

Thor's Northwind or Storm's Whirlwind
- extremely effective against mobs
- Your teamates can combo this with a ranged attack to deal a little bit more damage.

Thor's Thor's Rage and Silver Surfer's Surfer's Rage
- Almost never miss, good against everything though each has better moves to deal with specific kinds of targets.
- Which one is better? Surfer's can hit enemies lying on the ground, but Thor's can't, meaning he will miss sometimes.

April 09, 2008, 04:39AM #3 Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:40AM by Midnight Curse
Aren't Deadpool's Dual Shot and Blade Cyclone hold-down attacks?

BTW, for cool grabsmashes, I think you've named all the continuous ones for the defaults.

My personal favorites are Dr. Strange (lol at picking up, turning down and spinning enemies) and Colossus (grabbing and using enemies as weapons :laugh:)