Mortal Kombat: DC Universe?!

Started by Noelemahc, April 18, 2008, 02:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Clickie.

What is this, crazy game announcement day?!

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

What is this Batman and Sub Zero you got your Batman in my Mortal Kombat????
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Finally, a next-gen title in the MK series!

I think they are probably going for Soul Calibur IV style, where Darth Vader and Yoda make special guest appearances, just like Spawn did in SC II.

Yes, but Batman? In MK? With blood and gore and what-have-you? In next-gen? A bit too much for my little wee mind, I'd say :)

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

April 18, 2008, 11:28AM #5 Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:19PM by iammingy
Midway probably got the DC license and want to try something new. :)

EDIT:

Here is the official site:
http://www.worldscollide.com/

April 18, 2008, 09:54PM #7 Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 12:25AM by iammingy
It's officially confirmed that it will be called "Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe" now... haha

They will probably keep the fatalities, I believe, but they will be less corny.

I wonder who else from the DC Universe will also appear in this game... I would like to see Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Huntress. Superman may be too strong IMO...

EDIT: No fatalities, but fatality-like moves...haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH7Np_TKJaY

Freefall Kombat is pretty cool...

Quote from: iammingy on April 18, 2008, 09:54PM
EDIT: No fatalities, but fatality-like moves...haha
It's hard for me to imagine a game from Mortal Kombat series without fatalities, but on the other hand it would be definitely strange to see a situation like the one from my modified screenshot:  :laugh:

You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Someone pointed me that the concept, while definitely weird, is kind of an alternate reality Marvel vs. Capcom (except because they both belong to our same reality).

This is the strtangest concept ever! I didn't realize there was a thread for this here. I heard of this at an MK board. But seriously, marvel and Capcom was good coz the storylines could be brought together. But the concept of batman fighting Goro in outworld???? Or sub-zero vs Superman?? This seems to be a mishap waiting to happen. I am a hard fan of MK and it's shameful to see Mr. Boon come up with a terribly far-fetched concept like this.

To be honest... i don't like it... AT ALL!

I mean... even though it would be cool to beat the living crap out off Lui "Cheesy Butt" Kang with superheroes it just would feel right to do it specially agaisnt DC.

I mean... Marvel would have made a better choice... let's face it...

Marvel has more "down to earth" heroes (less-uber), so they would fit right in... Wolvie or Deadpool for example would be awesome. But playing against DC heroes it feels... W-E-I-R-D!

Cheers^^

Quote from: Rasdel on May 19, 2008, 03:42AM
To be honest... i don't like it... AT ALL!

I mean... even though it would be cool to beat the living crap out off Lui "Cheesy Butt" Kang with superheroes it just would feel right to do it specially agaisnt DC.

I mean... Marvel would have made a better choice... let's face it...

Marvel has more "down to earth" heroes (less-uber), so they would fit right in... Wolvie or Deadpool for example would be awesome. But playing against DC heroes it feels... W-E-I-R-D!

Cheers^^
you have a point.also Batman would not stand a chance against Sub-Zero or Goro,lets face it.

i heard the game will only have 20 characthers....hope thats not true and they make it like MK armagedon (and dont take the fatalites)
(a signature for me in others forums)
[/URL]

July 25, 2008, 09:25PM #13 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 04:49AM by Power Cosmic
Now there is a confirmed characters in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_8

If you don't know about characters deadly moves, maybe you'll learn this:
MK Chars & DC Villains has Fatality
DC Heroes has Brutality liked Superman, smash the Sub-Zero II(Young) into the
ground 4 times, see in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVBFkeyYG9k