New Skirmish/Sim Missions?

Started by thetommyboy2002, February 11, 2007, 08:39AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, I've done multiple simulator missions for the Xbox.  Colossus, Moon Knight and VS Rhino are done.  I just haven't converted them to PC because I don't see the point.

Quote from: Teancum on March 24, 2007, 04:16PM

COURSE {
   arena = Helicarrier ; ---Reference the arenas from the begging of simulator.engb
   boss_damage_scale = 0.3 ;
   boss_health_scale = 8 ;
   bossname = Wintersoldier ; --looks in NPCstat

Ok, here's a question... if I want to increase the health of a boss in a VS. mission, (ie. indestructible Ultron) and I want to make him comparatively tough to his comic book character, what should I change this number to? Any observations about or limitations to these scale numbers? (ie. does boss_health_scale = 8 amount to a certain number of hit points?)
Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

January 02, 2008, 04:24PM #62 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 04:40PM by idrinkdrpepper
Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on February 11, 2007, 08:39AM
I've been messing around trying to add new Simulator missions, and have almost immediately come up against problems.
Like:
It only "sees" one new mission, all subsequent ones are ignored, is it yet another hard coded limit? Probably.   

Does it only allow you to add one mission past Ms. Marvel's (the last one)? I tried the same thing and I've added 4 past Ms. Marvel already.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the limit at 6 past Ms. Marvel.

I *think* they were counting the next-gen sim missions along with it, which'd make sense with your discovery.

Just thinking... If you define the heroes from herostat in npcstat, is it possible to make simulator missions with them as bosses? It would be like skirmish...
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

Just curious, has anyone tried setting rewardskin = true on a VS Simulator mission?  It'd be awesome to be able to unlock skins for four custom characters at once via simulator.

i tried and it doesnt work, no skin unlocked
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Dang, I was hoping I could cheat and not specify a hero.  Ah well.

Danger Room/Simulator rewards.  Set in simulator.engb
rewardtraits
rewardskin
rewardtalent
rewardlevel
itemSpawnType -- possibly spawns an item as a reward?
rewardtrait
rewardxp
rewardmoney
rewarditem
rewardcharacter

February 28, 2009, 09:09AM #69 Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:41PM by Chikesnit
what is the maximum additional sim missions for the mission select screen and simulator.engb file?...... and in editing the simulator.engb do i have to put the lines for the additional missions in between the sim missions of ms marvel and the next gen sim missions or at the bottom of the last sim mission (thunderball sim)......................oh sorry guys did not know about the rules of the thread :eek:
Life's a beach, and then you drown.