Wizard #199 confirms MUA 2 in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by CATMANEXE, May 04, 2008, 01:36PM

Previous topic - Next topic

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/22/marvel-ultimate-alliance-2-pushed-to-2009/

QuoteMarvel Ultimate Alliance 2 pushed to 2009 ... or not [update]

Update: It looks like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 won't be delayed after all. UGO's original report misconstrued a statement on the conflicting launches of Activision's two Marvel properties. Both Ultimate Alliance 2 and Spider-man: Web of Shadows are still scheduled for release in 2008.

May 04, 2008, 05:01PM #3 Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 05:06PM by iammingy
The official site for MUA was up in May back in 2006 and the game was released in late October in the same year. If they are planning to release the game in November (couple of weeks after Web of Shadow's planned launch date), they should have the site for MUA2 and the VIP community ready sometime between now and June...

E3 2008 is set for July 15-17. If they don't have a 1-level demo (like in E3 2006), then it's very likely that MUA2 won't be released in 2008. :lickout:

We will see... haha

Awesome, I rather enjoyed the Civil War issues.

some people(me,kasierbreath,x)were part of mua.our moderater agora dan said there will be an mua 2 website.

Quote from: 3zazer1 on May 10, 2008, 01:03PM
some people(me,kasierbreath,x)were part of mua.our moderater agora dan said there will be an mua 2 website.
Of course there will be a website... It's a matter of when we get to see it. :P

Very excited, can't wait to see what they come up with. I hope they put in some more modding capability though, to make it easier for us to create our own storylines.

A mod friendly engine, like the Aurora from NWN, surely is very nice. But I do believe they will release the same engine, with just a few touches and updates, to carry on a battle against Galactus.

News from IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/872/872831p1.html

Marvel Allies Again
The action-RPG sequel is poised to strike within the next year.
by Nix

May 8, 2008 - In Activision's Q4 / Fiscal 2008 Earnings Conference Call posted earlier today, Activision confirmed that it will be releasing the sequel to Marvel: Ultimate Alliance within the next twelve months.

"...Turning now to Superheroes, we'll launch Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for the holiday, plus we will release the sequel to our successful Marvel: Ultimate Alliance later in the [fiscal] year," said Mike Griffith, Activision's President and Chief Executive Officer of Publishing.

Note: IGN mistakenly reported that this game would be released in 2008 based on the call, but the release period for the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance sequel was spoken of as the fiscal year rather than the calendar year, and FY 09 for the company actually stretches through March of 2009.

Given that Spider-Man is Activision's big holiday 2008 game, this likely puts the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance sequel in Q1 2009, making it one of the first games to look out for after the Christmas rush is over. Specific platforms were not announced for the game (which had been previously spoken of in rough terms in another financial notice), but given how popular the original game was, we would expect the next Marvel: Ultimate Alliance to be released for every platform imaginable. An exact title was not given for the sequel, so it is possible that the next game will adapt a slightly different name, although it seems safe to guess that gamers can call it "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2" unless Activision gives us a new name for the game. The series started as X-Men Legends, so it's possible that something entirely new is afoot for the Marvel license.

No further details were announced about this game, but stay tuned for further updates.