About Outfit powers

Started by khestoi, May 04, 2008, 11:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm just wandering. the Increase melee damage power, will it also increase the damage done by melee skills? Another thing about this game is that i never see Ai casts their boost skills not even once. Is there anyway i can program the ai to use their boost skills automatically?

May 05, 2008, 12:17AM #1 Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 12:21AM by iammingy
Quote from: khestoi on May 04, 2008, 11:48PM
I'm just wandering. the Increase melee damage power, will it also increase the damage done by melee skills? Another thing about this game is that i never see Ai casts their boost skills not even once. Is there anyway i can program the ai to use their boost skills automatically?

I believe it only boosts the non-powered melee attacks only.

FYI:

talent {
   descname = Increased Melee Damage ;
   description = Increases the $DMG of all melee attacks. ;
      level {
      count = 9 ;
      description = %panth_outfit32_pct:s Melee $DMG ;
         powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            affect_type = scale ;
            attribute = atk_damage ;
            level = %panth_outfit32_pct ;
            scope_non_powers = true ; ###########
            }
         }
      }
   }

talent {
   descname = Increased Power Damage ;
   description = Increases the $DMG of all powers. ;
      level {
      count = 9 ;
      description = %panth_outfit22_pct:s Power $DMG ;
         powerup {
         life = -1 ;
            affecter {
            affect_type = scale ;
            attribute = atk_damage ;
            level = %panth_outfit22_pct ;
            scope_powers = true ; ###########
            }
         }
      }
   }

About the boost, you will see them sometimes when you call for help. If you have the PC version (and other moddable versions), then you can fiddle with the codes a little bit for your own preferences. I don't think you can improve that without modding.

thanks for the info. Im playing the PC version. Is there anyway that i can make the AI use their boost skills automatically? Use boost then boost again after the effects wear off.

I am not sure if we can program the AI to use the powers intelligently...but this is what I think:

You can increase the value of aireusetime of the boost of interest in the powerstyle (ps_charactername.engb) to 30 like so:

aireusetime = 30 ;
The boost will be activated more often than before when under AI-control, but it's not activated non-stop. You can go higher than 30 and see for the results yourself.

The other way is to make the boost as a passive. In this case, the boost is activated non-stop, but this is kinda like cheating. ^^" I think this works for self-boost only (vs. team boost).

ok thanks for the reply.

legends was much better in that regard,we could choose what powers they would use,i wish they bring this option back on mua 2