SPIDER-MAN mod v1.1 (fixes for talents and icons)

Started by iammingy, May 15, 2008, 12:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 15, 2008, 12:31AM Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 05:47PM by BaconWizard17
By downloading this mod, you agree that:
1. You will NOT share this mod outside of Marvelmods.com.
2. You will NOT sell this mod for money or any other form of privileges.

>>DOWNLOAD v1.1 HERE<<

Notes for v1.1:(My 15th, 2008 - present) :spiderman:

There was an issue in v1.0 that the icons look messed up when you press the "bind power" button. There was also a small mistake in referencing the icons in the talents. If you have installed v1.0, then you just need to replace spiderman_icons1.igb and talents.engb with the ones included in v1.1. Thanks nodoubt_jr for reporting the bug! :)
..\Activision\X-Men Legends 2\Textures\ui\spiderman_icons1.IGB
..\Activision\X-Men Legends 2\Data\talents\spiderman.engb

My notes about this mod (for those who care):

I thought I could use most of the codes from MUA when I first start working on this mod, but it looked I was wrong. :rofl:

1. Only "web bullets" works exactly like it should. hahahaha
2. XML2 does not support "interaction" classes, so I can't make "Web Throw" and "Web Warrior". I tried to tell the victim to trigger a node as a substitute for this, but it didn't work. :(
3. The "web zip" ability, which I called "web swing" in this mod instead, doesn't work 100% like the way in MUA. Though missing the web zip handler from MUA, the animations work fine. ^_^ The downside is you need to keep tapping the "jump" button in order to chain one swing to next without landing. I could give him the "ice skate" handler (from Iceman "Ice Slide") to solve this problem, but the animation and the moving velocity would be really fast!!! Changing the "play speed" would just slow down the animation speed and doesnot reduce the moving velocity that much. Adding a negative velocity can fix this to a certain extent; the fix won't work when you turn and it will move you backward when you land. haha.
4. XML2 doesn't support 2-bolt-point effects. eg. Web Throw, Baton Throw, etc. This means Spidey can't add webbing to his armpit for the Web Armor power. :laugh: Seriously, this means all the effects that link one bolt point to another don't work. I had to make some new effects based on other existing effects in XML2. That's why some effects are so weird. T_T
5. Bungee Bash took me the longest to do. It can't catch the target sometimes even if the target "qualifies" to be hung in the air. I still need to fix this.
6. Every skin, HUD, 3D HUD, convo portrait, menu portrait, icons, loading screens, textures, and animations are PS2 stuff. Only the "spider sentry" bolton is from the PC version. So, this mod can be ported to PS2, XBOX, or may be even PSP if you know how to build FBs.

Instructions:
Please read the README in the ZIP archive carefully.
You can get Spider-man's voice in the X-voice pack here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1398.msg33732#msg33732

Credits:
:bowdown1: Thanks nodoubt_jr for inserting Spidey's voice and hosting the X-voice updates!!! :bowdown1:
:bowdown1: Thanks Crowley for letting me to convert his Spider-man 2099 MUA skin!!! :bowdown1:
:bowdown1: Thanks tubularspacedude for separating his voices from x_voice :bowdown1:

Previews:

menu portrait:

If you don't see this, then please refer to the README. There is a section dedicated to adding menu portrait.

9 costumes:
1. Classic (Red and Blue) - official skin from MUA
2. Ben Reilly - my reskin*
3. Iron Spider - official skin from MUA
4. Symbiote - based on the official skin from MUA, gave him the blue tint and darkened it quite a bit
5. Scarlet Spider - official skin from MUA
6. 2099 - my reskin based on the pink pattern from Crowley's reskin for MUA*
7. Armored - my reskin*
8. Classic (Red and Black) - my reskin
9. Unlimited - my reskin

* The reason I didn't use the existing reskins from MUA is the MUA-PC models have specular map and bump map but PS2 models don't. The normal map from MUA look quite dull on these low-poly PS2 models. So, I did the reskins myself using the PS2 textures, which have much more muscle definition than the normal map from MUA-PC.

menu idle animation (also used as idle animation in battle zones):

7 powers, 1 Xtreme, 2 boosts, several passives:

Web Snare:

Hangman:

still in the process of uploading more screenshots...
I still have yet to see the loading screen in the game. So, I can't tell whether it crashes your game or not. :P I think I need to input the unlock all loading screen cheat code....

Two hugemungous thumbs up dude!  If the XML1->XML2 project ever gets ported to Xbox -depends on my time- Spidey will be the bonus character!

May 15, 2008, 12:37PM #3 Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:24PM by nodoubt_jr
This looks so good, great work! Currently uploading the x_voice update with Spidermans voice, when its done i'll upload it in the XML2 Sound Updates thread.  Ok im gonna go play with spidey now.

edit: ok to get his voice look here http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1398.msg33732#msg33732
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

May 15, 2008, 02:06PM #4 Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:08PM by nodoubt_jr
just played with it, great work! web swing works really well, and all the powers look great. i love it. the idle position is great too.

one minor problem i found was the icons, they look good in menu, but in game they look like this

this is probably because the icons are ps2 based.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

May 15, 2008, 02:24PM #5 Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:35PM by iammingy
Oh, how do I see this screen?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out!

I don't know if this is also true for XML2, but in MUA that happens when one of the icons is not correctly called in the talent file (like it calls for rogue1.igb instead of rogue.igb for icons of one of the powers). In the character menu the icons look fine, but when you're playing , at the bottom of the screen the icons look like nodoubt_jr's picture.

May 15, 2008, 02:27PM #7 Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:39PM by iammingy
Quote from: Norrin Radd on May 15, 2008, 02:27PM
I don't know if this is also true for XML2, but in MUA that happens when one of the icons is not correctly called in the talent file. In the character menu the icons look fine, but when you're playing , at the bottom of the screen the icons look like nodoubt_jr's picture.

Ok, thanks for the info!

EDIT: Damn...#&#&*^*. It's the PS2 icons. There was a mistake in the talents indeed, but that wasn't the cause. I have to use the crappy PC icons... :(

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on May 15, 2008, 02:06PM
just played with it, great work! web swing works really well, and all the powers look great. i love it. the idle position is great too.

Thanks. That's the only animation for idle next to the blocking animation... :rofl:

Quote from: Teancum on May 15, 2008, 05:32AM
Two hugemungous thumbs up dude!  If the XML1->XML2 project ever gets ported to Xbox -depends on my time- Spidey will be the bonus character!

Sure, let me know if you need anything at that time. Only the icons and the spider sentry bolton need to be converted.

cool man your a god!!!!!!!! I love the hang man attack with a little of punch kick ain here no one has a chance.

May 15, 2008, 09:04PM #11 Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:09PM by iammingy
Quote from: ramen on May 15, 2008, 08:29PM
cool man your a god!!!!!!!! I love the hang man attack with a little of punch kick ain here no one has a chance.

Thanks! That's why I made Hangman as power 7, one of the last powers to be unlocked. ^^ I borrowed the codes from Prof. X's Crushing Ego for this power.

Looks awesome , one more reason to get xml :D Love the skins aswell ....

Quote from: Midnight Curse on May 15, 2008, 07:10PM
Is this your first XML2 mod?

Quote from: iammingy on May 15, 2008, 07:11PM
Thanks.
Yes, it is.

and hopefully not the last

Quote from: Venom on May 16, 2008, 01:21AM
Looks awesome , one more reason to get xml :D Love the skins aswell ....

Thanks. Hope you can find a copy soon. :)

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on May 16, 2008, 02:19PM
and hopefully not the last

I'm back to MUA-modding now, but I will do Venom and Carnage if I have time and think of more ideas... Right now, all I come up for Venom is a Spidey clone with the 4 skins I made long time ago and fightstyle_wrestling... Carnage might have a better selection of animations, but he got only 2 skins at this moment. :(