Spider-Man 4 Coming 2010?!

Started by iammingy, May 23, 2008, 03:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic
from: http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4933&Itemid=99

Written by Stephanie Sanchez   
Thursday, 22 May 2008

Marvel Vice Chairman Peter Cuneo was asked about the status of Spider-man 4 today. He confirmed that Sony has made the payment to renew their rights to make the film.

Cuneo said the following, "As far as Spider-man 4, it's really up to Sony, it's up to them, most likely scenario is 2010 or 2011 but we can't speak for them and I think, that we don't know. They have given us their re-up payment for that film so you know they're going to make it within a reasonable timeframe. Sony may be looking at some issues with the cast and so on, I think they have to make some decisions."

So it's really up to Sony right now, will Tobey Maguire return? Will Sam Raimi return? Also, the re-up payment means the rights need to be used within a reasonable amount of time, so I would expect to hear something regarding movement on 4 and 5 late this year if not early next year.

Cinematical reported that Sony Pictures is looking to film the next two Spider-Man movies, 4 and 5, back to back. They hired James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) to write the screenplays. An inside source told the site that, "[Vanderbilt's] story arc has encompassed two films, making Spider-Man 5 shootable at the same time. The studio saw dollar signs and is in the process of reworking his deal to snatch up the story arc."

So with the re-up paid for Spider-man 4 does that change these rumored plans? The tone of Cuneo's voice when talking about the status seemed to emphasize that Sony needed to make some decisions regarding casting before they could move forward.

Stay tuned to the IESB for further updates!

Awesome .... If im reading correctly does that mean the 4th and 5th will come out at the same time ?

Probably not the same time, but 6 months to a year apart, like the last two Matrix films (they were filmed at the same time)

Quote from: Teancum on May 23, 2008, 06:57PM
Probably not the same time, but 6 months to a year apart, like the last two Matrix films (they were filmed at the same time)
Well its better then waiting 2-3 years apart like they usually are ...

Are they taking Spider-Man into something like the Star Wars saga? Not a trilogy?

I think carnage would be the enemy in spider 4.

Quote from: §HunTer_!3§™ on June 17, 2008, 02:39AM
I think carnage would be the enemy in spider 4.

I hope its not! Venom was no way played out as Spider-man's deadliest foe (or even decently portrayed) plus the whole symbiote thing's been done.

I'm hoping for Shocker or the Sinister Six (or evivalent) though there's quite a few rumours about (some say its gonna be Kraven and Lizard whilst some say it'll be Mourlun)

CANT WAIT!!!thats what i have to say :)
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):