Iron Man Modding

Started by Slavic Knight, May 25, 2008, 08:19PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I recently discovered that there are exclusive costumes and what have you for the Next-Gen and PSP versions of  :stark:'s new game. I realize it's far too soon to expect anything from the modding community (I'm not going OMG U GUYSE NEED MAKE WARMACHINE NOW HOW I PAYPAIL), I was curious to know if anyone had any idea about how possible it'd be. Plus, if there is any interest, and I get some help, I might work on it some myself.

Thanks for not flaming me, I wasn't sure where to put it, so I put it in off-topic.
-Jessica

PSP has exclusive skins? I only knew PS3 had Ultimate and the 360 had Silver Centurion. And is this game out for the PC?

Anyways, that would be a pretty good idea. I'd like to see which kind of weapons, abilities or passives, and armors modders can come up with.

PSP has Titanium Man as an unlockable skin. It changes nothing stat-wise.
The Next-Gen versions have Hulkbuster and Extremis armors, as well as the exclusives you named.
And yes, the game is out for PC, I bought it earlier this week.

Oh, Titanium Man! My friend uses that armor and he likes it loads. Don't you fight Bullski though? How do you acquire his armor?

On a side note: I was also wondering why War Machine wasn't a skin.

Yeah, it wouldn't be that hard to make a War Machine skin.

I've no idea how to get the armor though, I only have the PC version (no consoles for me, alas).

I also wonder if one could also make the skin you see in Marvel Nemesis.

May 26, 2008, 04:48AM #6 Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 04:59AM by Slavic Knight
You have my solemn word as the Slavic Knight that, if someone manages to locate the texture files for Iron Man, I will get right on that. It's something I'd like to see myself. And if the limit of skins is hardcoded, then I guess we can always substitute it for the Mark II skin.

Edit: Looking at the game again, the Nemesis skin seems fairly close to the Extremis armor. Not exactly, but close enough that the only model that would actually have to be changed is the hip-flange. Everything else would just be a matter of reskinning. Unless you meant Infected Iron Man, as I have no idea how that looks.

what about texmod? has any1 tried that?
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

I've already looked into porting the 360/PS3 armors.  No dice.  The PSP one won't either what with the crazy texture compression they use for those games.  The best hope is reskinning and taking NPCs and making them playable, but only from the PC game.

Oh, and by the way, Silver Centurion is on the PC as well.  When you beat the game you unlock it.