Oh, I see. Surely iceman wore something when he wasn't in snowy-mode in those first few issues of X-Men. That seems easy enough to come up with. Spiky, I'm not so sure.
Yeah, I think I will reskin civilian male from XML1 for Original. I am not sure about Spikey either.
hey could I use the 6th skin in xml2?
This skin is 0806.igb in the update.
First, download the update and put 0806.igb in the actors folder. You don't need to rename this file because Iceman uses 08XX in both XML2 and MUA and there is no 0806 in XML2.
Second, you need to modify the herostat by adding a skin slot like so:
ailevel = 1 ;
autospend = support_heavy ;
body = 20 ;
characteranims = 08_iceman ;
charactername = Iceman ;
level = 1 ;
mind = 12 ;
name = Iceman ;
playable = true ;
power1 = power1 ;
power2 = power3 ;
power3 = power8 ;
power4 = power9 ;
powerstyle = ps_iceman ;
scriptlevel = 3 ;
skin = 0801 ;
skin_70s = 20 ;
skin_aoa = 02 ;
skin_civilian = 24 ; skin_winter = 06 ;
sounddir = iceman_m ;
speed = 16 ;
strength = 20 ;
team = hero ;
textureicon = 6 ;
After that, save the XML and compile. Put it in the data folders.
Third, you need to build new packages for this skin.
- Decompile iceman_0802.PKGB and iceman_0802_nc.PKGB from ..\Packages\generated\characters
- Open the two XML files created, replace all "0802" with "0806".
- After that, save the files and compile them to iceman_0806.PKGB and iceman_0806_nc.PKGB
- Put these two PKGB files back in ..\Packages\generated\characters
Fourth, you need a 3D HUD for this skin. Let's use lab tech male's.
- copy 10201.IGB from ..\UI\hud\characters to desktop
- rename it to 0806.igb and put it back to ..\UI\hud\characters
Finally, start a new game and let me know whether it works or not.