angel has some files on xml

Started by ratmon, June 16, 2008, 10:47PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I read on wikipedia that angel was gonna be playable for xml but was replace by jubilee, but that the cd has his files in it, did anyone ever ripped does files.

Also dazzler was gonna be playble for xml2 and she should have a menu animation, is that true?

angel has a special conversation with magma in xml1 that wasnts used and he had a menu call out.  i think thats it for angel related files (there is also a power sounds file archan_m.zsm, but its empty).  the angel menu call out i used in the x_voice update is his xml1 menu call out.

dazzler menu animations are just magmas, and her power animations are scarlet witch. nothing new.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

June 17, 2008, 06:39AM #2 Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:43AM by Teancum
Angel also had character icons and a few other things.  I've actually found a lot of his stuff on the disc, but not near enough to reconstruct him. -- just enough to know he was supposed to be there.

Also - I've never read anywhere that he was replaced by Jubilee, that's not true.  I mean there's even an extra character slot in-game, so he wasn't meant to replace anybody.  My guess is they were behind schedule and had to choose to cut someone, plain and simple.

Where from my information he was, you know when you meet jubilee and nightcrawler, if you talk to nk you could play the flash back, will instead of talking to beast about the flash back, it was suppost to be angel, that was the plan before, Wried how mightcrawler and angel are like demon and angel(Angel being death and nightcrawler being to bible guy)

I wish they put angel I steal play xml because I think is beter than the secend one because I think the maps are way beter and the story line too.

Quote from: ramen on June 17, 2008, 11:07AM
Where from my information he was

Wikipedia doesn't mention that at all.  And if it did they don't reference a source.  In fact, I'd like to see a source that said that.  No reason was ever revealed as to why he was cut, so unless you're best friends with someone at Raven Software or you have a reference there's no proof.  Zero.

The fact is the only voice lines he has in the game are a random conversation where he meets Magma.  There were no lines in there that mention anything about a mission.  I mean if you want me to actually rip out the voice lines as proof I will, but Angel wasn't meant to replace anyone.  He was cut -- likely to meet the release date - plain and simple.

wikipedia: André Sogliuzzo was credited as Angel in X-Men Legends, but was not seen. Angel was originally intended to be a playable character, but software developer Raven could not implement him properly and he was scrapped and replaced with Jubilee.

Is right on angel's  page.

Btw the thing with the flashback I got nothing but i do remember reading that somewhere....... I bet i will find it someday,

No reference.  If there's not a reference you can't prove it.  Any idiot can edit Wikipedia, which is why I'm saying it needs a reference.  Check the X-Men Legends page at Wikipedia.  Everyone kept trying to say he was cut for this or that reason, but there was no proof so I fixed it to say the reasons were unknown.

o.k thanks for the info glad i got that clear.

June 17, 2008, 11:37AM #8 Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:41AM by nodoubt_jr
Quote from: Teancum on June 17, 2008, 06:39AM
Angel also had character icons and a few other things. 

he does? i need to check that out
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Icons in the Character Select menu, not power icons, sorry

In case anyone cares, Archangel's name appears in the following mission files: wx_fb_start, sent_fb, astral1b, astral1. It appears as:
Quote<RESTRICTEDHERO name="ARCHANGEL"/>

Also, it looks like there was thought of a Wolverine vs. Sabretooth battle on the NYC rooftops:
Quote<MISSION descname="NYC Rooftops" description="Battle Sabretooth." scriptstart="" minheros="1" maxheros="1" location="42 36" remote="true" mapload="nyc/Riots/nyc_roof1" maploadblackbird="true" skinset="default" teamselect="false">
<REQUIREDHERO name="WOLVERINE"/>
</MISSION>

And there are some files for a battle against Multiple Man's dupes on Muir island because they went out of control:
Quote<MISSION descname="Muir Island." description="Liberate Muir Island" scriptstart="missions/muir" remote="true" minheros="4" maxheros="4" skinset="default" teamselect="false">
<OBJECTIVE name="multipleman" descname="Battle Multiple Man clones." description="Help Multiple Man by rendering his clones unconscious." required="true" enabled="true"/>
</MISSION>

that explain the sabertooth vs wolverine loadscreen, hey but that would help alot since sabertooth never came out as a boss only helping avalanche and magneto which never made sense to me. I guess I could have guess that. And I guess wx_fb_start, sent_fb, astral1b, astral1. It appears as:

means weaponx flashback, sentinel flashback, and the astral1 mission where some characters where not playable including him

also explains why multiple man npc had the ability to multiply himself when he only appear to talk to. To bad they didn't complete this.

yeah the multiple man level would have been cool. i seriously need to get me an xbox or ps2 to play xml1.

Quote from: Norrin Radd on June 17, 2008, 04:08PM
In case anyone cares, Archangel's name appears in the following mission files: wx_fb_start, sent_fb, astral1b, astral1. It appears as:
Also, it looks like there was thought of a Wolverine vs. Sabretooth battle on the NYC rooftops:
And there are some files for a battle against Multiple Man's dupes on Muir island because they went out of control:

There are also lots of voiceover lines to go along with those missions.

Also, if I remember right the player can ask Multiple Man how he's feeling after Juggernaut is captured on Muir Island.  He says something to the effect of "having himself all back together now"

yep, here is the exact line in case people are interested:
Quotetext = How are you feeling? ;
               line {
               runWithoutUser = true ;
               soundToPlay = voice/multipleman/3_5_0054 ;
               text = %MULTIPLEMAN%Large and in charge. I went to pieces last time I saw you guys, but I've got myself together now . . . all of my selves. ;