Hulk mod version 1.31

Started by Dark_Mark, June 19, 2008, 03:35PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on March 07, 2009, 10:54AM
Yes, the files from the Official Chars mod are still on your hard drive, so the unlock is still triggered.

Is there anyway to avoid it?

Thank you for the info!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Quote from: Dark_Mark on March 07, 2009, 08:55AM
What you just found is a feature of Official Characters. Before he was cut from the original game, Hulk was supposed to be unlocked after meeting him in Omega base. Some leftover scripts and conversations were found as a proof of this, but they are incomplete (lack voiceovers for example) and couldn't be used in their current form. Still, because Official Characters tries to be "Official" (i.e. follow the ideas of Raven Software), Hulk was made unlockable after finishing Omega Base.

I know I'm missing something here... but why is Hulk available to me at the beginning of any new game I start?  I'm using the Official Characters Mod V4 too.  I'm thinking that it has something to do with how you set up Heroselect maybe?  (I'm not complaining, just curious.)
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I don't think that's my case. I usually add and remove characters by editing decompiled herostat.engb file. After saving the alterations, I recompile it and replace the previous one. Also, my OCPV4 roster used to appear with all 27 characters with Hawkeye in slot 2, Dr. Strange in slot 96 and Hulk in slot 22, pushing Colossus back to slot 26. But a few days back, dunno what I did that the 27th character of the herostat file just won't show unlocked at all.

Quote from: fox456 on March 09, 2009, 07:53PM
I know I'm missing something here... but why is Hulk available to me at the beginning of any new game I start?  I'm using the Official Characters Mod V4 too.  I'm thinking that it has something to do with how you set up Heroselect maybe?  (I'm not complaining, just curious.)

Did you use the all characters cheat? The number of characters you have unlocked is kept in a separate file, so if you have unlocked a particular character, he will stay unlocked even if you start a new game.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Quote from: Dark_Mark on March 14, 2009, 08:41AM
Did you use the all characters cheat? The number of characters you have unlocked is kept in a separate file, so if you have unlocked a particular character, he will stay unlocked even if you start a new game.

Wow!  You have made me start thinking of some additional questions with your response.  But, no, I haven't knowingly used any type of cheat (other than reading a "walkthrough) in the game.  Here are my questions:

1. If there is an "all character" cheat, is it available for PC and if so, where?

2. What is the name of the file that contains the names/numbers of the characters you have unlocked and where is it located?

3. OK, this is the history of my game playing.  The second time I played the game on a PC (a couple of years ago), I unlocked Black Panther, Daredevil, Blade, Dr. Strange, and Ghost Rider as the game progressed, earned at least a bronze in all the missions (to unlock Silver Surfer) and defeated the game (to unlock Nick Fury).  Of course, I didn't have Hulk (or the other downloadable players).  Since then, I've added mods to the game, including the Official Characters Mod, V4, and I'm using Heroselect to get 27 characters in the game.  All 27 characters are visible from the beginning of the game.  Is this because I was able to unlock all the original 23 characters two years ago?  Does a particular file need to be reset to be able to unlock the characters again?

I really appreciate this site and thank anyone in advance for their replies.

1. http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/code/932592.html
2. [your My Documents dir]\Activision\Marvel Ultimate Alliance\Save\settings.dat
3. Technically what you unlock are character SLOTS. Once you have unlocked a character slot, any character you put in that slot will also be playable. If you wish to start a new game with all the characters locked, simply delete your settings.dat beforehand.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Hey Dark_Mark

I've got a question about it:
Let's say I start a new game without any new "unlock it all settings.dat file".

All the originally locked characters are not playable until unlocked, right?

What about the slots 22, 25, 26 and 96?

Dark_Mark  Hulk mod rocks !  :rockon:! But i think it will be better to add circles like wolverine because hulk goes on rage too :). It goes now in the mod but it will be better to add the circles :P
Now learning:
Mesh - (15%) stopped
Making a LoadScreen - (100%) done!

Dark_Mark is a good marvel modder. :hulk_icon:  :nod: ¡¡¡Congratulations!!!

This is a great Hulk :D

This is probably a stupid question but anyway.... What exactly is the difference between this Hulk mod and the official one? Do they have the same moveset etc?

June 02, 2009, 11:18AM #117 Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:07PM by Dark_Mark
New in version 1.3:
QuoteAdded many new voices captured by Teancum.
Changed some power sounds.
Fixed the issue with Arcade's androids not copying Hulk's models.
Made the mod fully compatible with Official Characters 1.0 (no need to backup anything but Joe Fixit model/hud icon when installing the mod).

Do we still need to override the Hulk that will be coming in the updated Official Characters mod with your 1.3 version Hulk or will they be one in the same?

Right now they only differ with one skin (Professor is not a part of the OC pack). Also, the skin order is slightly different (Classic,Original,Professor and Red vs Classic,Original,Red and Joe Fixit in the OC pack). Until any major changes are made to either pack, it all depends on your preference.