Custom Skins Galore

Started by BliZZ, February 20, 2007, 04:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BliZZ on April 01, 2007, 06:25AM
Nice work on the Cage!

Now that you have mapped the offsets (I officially HATE finding MUA offsets) I'm gonna go back and change H4H Cage's pants to blue. The question: Dark or Light?

Light! Just like this one: (Make him yellow boots, too! :D)
Now he's all ready for some disco action!!!!! :rofl:

QuoteI officially HATE finding MUA offsets
IF someone would swear to me on their mother's grave that they would take over the matter of finding a way to port X360 and PSP models to the PC; then I might promise to take care of mapping out every model there is in MUA.
As it is, I only map them out as I mod them - which will never cover ALL of them. Not ever, nuh-uh.

I'll get to work on H4H Cage then. :P

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Dude, I don't want to be the cause of your suicide :rofl:

But, if you give me 1 PSP model (Echo?) and one 360 model (any one), I will try to help w/ that.

While I put together a "young porter" DIY kit (which you will probably get when I get OUT of bed, i.e. in roughly 7 hours' time), check out the posts I've made and samples I've upped in the KB Models rundown thread. Those will get you started.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on March 28, 2007, 05:41AM
Time for some sugar from my end, huh?

Here's Black Moon Knight :D
This ain't 100% accurate (he wore long gloves with the black duds), this is a banal recolour of 4101, but it still gets the heart pumpin'. Also includes custom specular maps. Both the PC and PS2 versions included, for use with XML2 or the console games.
Snaps: With and without advanced lighting for MUA (PS2 is on the left if you can't tell the difference); and the PS2 skin in XML2.
File: http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/4104.rar
FILE UPDATED! This now contains proper model number references for compatibility with Arcade's Androids. If you're not up for re-downloading the file, you can just crack the IGB open in a hex editor and change all references to 4101 to 4104 inside the file EXCEPT FOR THE CAPE SEGMENT IN THE PS2 MODEL! Thank you for your cooperation.

Yesss, this calls for Deep Purple's "Black Night" playing in the background :D

Noelemahc, can you paint the inner side of Moonknight's cape black so that it looks like this?

Does anyone know where to find a download for the new invisible woman skin I've been seeing posted?  I can't seem to find anything except for the portrait for it.  Thanks.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

I was wondering that too.

Also, anyone has the offset values for all sizes of Spider-Man Symbiote skin? (0902) I guess.

I would like to make the skin darker, as it used to be in the comics but I cannot find the smaller offsets.

May 21, 2007, 08:16PM #53 Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:18PM by Cates
Any one have any suggestions for what might work as a base skin for a Freedom Force Pyro skin?

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Image:Pyro_001.jpg

It would be fairly simple I think, if we can find the right base. The issue is so many skins have symmetrical chests making it impossible to recreate the FF logo or the off-center fire design on the right shoulder (AFAIK). I tried Human Torch, but either I got the offsets wrong or I don't know how to handle the facial model because it came out like crud.

Ideas?

Another option for a third Pyro skin would be his "pants and jacket" look from the movies. Again, with the right model that might be fairly simple. I'd like four skins (besides the Gladiator one) to include in teh next Pyro upgrade. Thanks.

how about quicksilver

Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Hmm, I think this is the best base we can get. :thumbsup: Other skins tend to have too many "ornaments" on their body...

You know, you're probably right. Why didn't I think of that? His chest is asymetrical, so the logo and fire should work. Cool! Now I have my project for this evening :)

Not sure if anyone noticed before, but the Doom Iron Man model looks nearly identical the MK IV Iron Man suit.  So it'd make a great reskin for the MK IV if anyone wants that particular suit.

May 23, 2007, 09:10PM #58 Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:14PM by iammingy
Wasn't it one of the official IM skins?

EDIT: Never mind, I see it, the face plate and shoulders are different.

2nd from left:

Being somewhat experienced with editing that skin, as well as trying to make yellow areas, I can say that it's going to be incredibly difficult. He has so many different shades and zigzags, and yellow is so difficult to pull off from a dark colour, that I've never managed to get it looking good :(