Custom Skins Galore

Started by BliZZ, February 20, 2007, 04:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yada yada new alternate Captain Marvel skins in the Activision style yada yada yada.

http://www.box.net/public/n29vg7k4e9

March 04, 2007, 07:22PM #16 Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 07:25PM by BliZZ

The belts are a little off-putting, but otherwise they are good. I'm gonna stick w/ tommy's, though, mostly b/c of the belts  :-X

If I may be so bold, may I make a couple of requests, which should be pretty easy to do?
Photon - Iceman seems like he would be a pretty good base
Classic Gambit - Should be a pretty basic reskin of Modern Gambit ;)

Yeah, the belts suck. I just get put off by the weird geometry of some of the other skins out there, and Marv is the one PSPer I'd actually want to play as. I'll see what I can do about the others. Photon may not be high on my list, but classic gambit should be easy...

You DO realize Photon IS Genis, right? He'd be skin 5. Plus, look at the seksehness that is Photon. /drools

I'm gonna convert the custom AoA Jubes now (btw, darkmyth, do you happen to know who made AoA Jubes back in the XML2 days? I'd like to credit the maker :D)

Genis seems to have mostly fallen in that time when I wasn't reading comics anymore. I'm more interested in ole Marv at this point. But yeah, I'd run across photon hunting down reference images.

No clue about Jubes' AOA creator back in the day.

Here's retro Gambit. Between him, Cyke, Beast, and Iceman, I think I'm starting to corner the market on the early 90s.....
http://www.box.net/public/mjlqty40gm

Download AoA Jubilee

Not made by me, simply converted by me :P

Quote from: darkmythology on March 04, 2007, 03:39PM
I need to fix a couple errors for Hellion, and see if I can alter the bump-mapping for Rockslide, and I'll be good with them for their Decimation costumes. Same bump-map issue with Cessily, who's done except for the bump issue.
Quick Opinion Poll:

Who should I try to tackle next- Elixer, X-23, or Surge?
(I'm assuming that Dust would just be impractical, and yes, X-23 would have 3 claws. I'm not that good...)

I'm all for Surge personally. Would love to see Cessily. Be great to have these guys in game.

Cessily is Mercury, right?  That might be a nice change for Mister Fantastic, since his powers are pretty exclusive and his costumes are all so similar.

March 11, 2007, 04:22AM #23 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 05:56AM by Noelemahc
Okay, hidden skin notes :D
The Stepford Cuckoos have an alternate skin tucked into their Hudhead file (@ XML2\UI\hud\characters\3701.IGB).
Differently mapped, but still useful. Anyone care to try and adapt it to their actual model?
(Yes, these are just like the hidden Astonishing Beast that has been unearthed earlier, though not as ground-shaking)

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

::blinks::

I'll assume that that's a challenge for me.

(Yeah, we unearthed that poking around with the XML2 modding, but it seemed like such a pointless skin that we never really did much with it...)

I'll play around with it today, if I recover from getting up at 4am for a danged meeting.

Hi. New guy here, so don't you dare to tell me to f#ck off if this is not the right topic! ;)
I've looked almost everywhere in the forums, did a search, yada yada yada, and I couldn't find a Nate Grey/X-man skin. I did found a .gif of it, but I canĀ“t get the MUAskinner to work... even with help files... even with the tutorial...:(
So... could someone PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE make me one? I won't pay you, but I will be thankfull... :D

Quoteand I couldn't find a Nate Grey/X-man skin
That's because we don't have one. All we've got is the texture I've ripped from the PSP version (the model to which it belongs conveniently refuses to work outright). And this IS the right topic as far as I'm concerned :P

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Well, that is a good reason why I couldn't find it... So tell me/us, are you going to give up trying to do it or will you keep trying when you have the time for it? I can imagine the amount of projects you guys have on your hands, but know this: there's a bunch of people out here who are hoping you forget about having a life just so that WE can have mods, skins, etc... ;)

I'm actually almost constatly trying new approaches (though not reporting on them - the general ratio of failures to successes would depress any non-OCD person on the planet), it's just that none have yielded significant results yet.

Crimson Dynamo says:

March 16, 2007, 11:55PM #29 Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:06AM by Burning Rage
Quote from: darkmythology on March 03, 2007, 09:02PM
I'm gonna hijack the thread for a moment, to post a couple of those skins you said I should post to the general public :)

90's era Iceman
http://www.box.net/public/atzckq586u

How many images are intended to be in the .igb?  Using texture finder, I only saw 2 (a 128, and a 256).  I tried converting the model for use with XML2, and the texture looks funky (pics below).

Notice how his face is kind of bluish, as is his hair, and his suit has kind of a brown tint to it.  Being that there is only 2 .DDS images in the file, and I've converted both, I don't know what else to do.  *shrugs*  You think you can fix this for XML2?  It would be much appreciated, thanks.

EDIT:  I don't suppose anyone would mind doing this skin for Invisible Woman?  That would be hawt.

Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.