Custom Skins Galore

Started by BliZZ, February 20, 2007, 04:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteNotice how his face is kind of bluish, as is his hair, and his suit has kind of a brown tint to it. 
You've obviously missed the 64x, 32x and 16x mipmaps. Don't forget that TF doesn't always corectly guess the EOF, so you may have to offset manually to find them as they usually are in the very end of the file.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Check the official offsets thread, the model is the Wingless Modern Angel.

March 28, 2007, 05:41AM #32 Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:31PM by Noelemahc
Time for some sugar from my end, huh?

Here's Black Moon Knight :D
This ain't 100% accurate (he wore long gloves with the black duds), this is a banal recolour of 4101, but it still gets the heart pumpin'. Also includes custom specular maps. Both the PC and PS2 versions included, for use with XML2 or the console games.
Snaps: With and without advanced lighting for MUA (PS2 is on the left if you can't tell the difference); and the PS2 skin in XML2.
File: http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/4104.rar
FILE UPDATED! This now contains proper model number references for compatibility with Arcade's Androids. If you're not up for re-downloading the file, you can just crack the IGB open in a hex editor and change all references to 4101 to 4104 inside the file EXCEPT FOR THE CAPE SEGMENT IN THE PS2 MODEL! Thank you for your cooperation.

Yesss, this calls for Deep Purple's "Black Night" playing in the background :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

cool, he can get a 4th costume and some different boosts...

Noel, thanks for the new Moon Knight.  He looks GREAT!  Have you given any thought to what passives should go with this skin?  After looking over what he already has and some of the other characters, I thought maybe Dodge (DD), Skill Boost (DD), Reflect Damage (Cap), Striking (Spidey), Environmental Damage (Wolvy) and even calling to Khonshu to Resurrect Ally (Ghost Rider).  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I don't want to overpower Spector but rather make him more well-rounded.

Resurrect Ally/Boxing

i can hook you guys up w/ the file containing 4th skin boosts, if you want

PS: Our name of choice is 'Retro', for those who care...

Yeah Blizz and I thought those would be best (with defense of course).  The Xbox build have him that way too.

I hadn't listed Boxing as a suggested passive since the Khonshu skin already has that.  I'm glad that someone else was thinking about Resurrect Ally.  That can be VERY valuable.  I was completely surprised the first time it happened with Ghost Rider (I'm not dead yet!)

Yeah, boxing was something Blizz and I decided on.

No problem...I use a lot of the non-powered melee moves anyway, so the passive will come in handy.

March 31, 2007, 11:34PM #41 Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:04AM by Noelemahc
Aaaand the show goes on.
http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/15705.rar
Luke Cage's Gray Heroes for Hire outfit.
No custom specular maps this time, as the luminosity didn't change. Yeps. Again, contains both the PS2 and PC models for whatever modding needs you may have. Enjoi! I'm aware of the different boot coloration, and I intend to keep it that way. After all, the official skins also change in the transition from CG to NG - why shouldn't mine? :P
Both of these include the code mods for support of the mimicking by Arcade Androids, so make sure you don't change the 05 skin number :P

Snaps: PC model, PS2 model.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Well, a lame question...
I instatalled Black Moon Knight skin, defined it in herostat.engb, so far, so good.
But - The fourth (this one) skin appears to be there, but it is locked. If I am right, fourth skins are unlockable via finishing Training Missions (at least I unlocked them this way). There is no training mission for MK, so is there another way to unlock it?
Thanks

No, there's not. Only the cheats. The problem is that there's ALSO a limit on how many comic missions the game can have, so we can't have them for each character who doesn't. We're currently researching for other ways of making the extra skins unlockable in a pristine manner.

Crimson Dynamo says:

April 01, 2007, 06:25AM #44 Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 06:27AM by BliZZ
Nice work on the Cage!

Now that you have mapped the offsets (I officially HATE finding MUA offsets) I'm gonna go back and change H4H Cage's pants to blue. The question: Dark or Light?

PS: RE: MK's 4th: Colossus' 4th was unlocked by default, so somewhere, somehow, there is a way to do it.