Custom Skins Galore

Started by BliZZ, February 20, 2007, 04:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic
wow, great work
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: iammingy on June 02, 2007, 11:35AM
Note that each step is successive; screwing up one step means the rest might be screwed as well. :laugh:

1. You would need to find a base skin that matches the shape of the skin you want to "make". (No appropiate base skins means you can't continue. :( )

2. Find the offsets of the mips in Texture Finder or from the "Offset Centrals" in this community.

3. Configure the CFG file in skinnerUI by inputting the file name, DXT format, offsets of the mips.

4. Load the base skin with skinnerUI and export a BMP file from the base skin.

5. Modify the BMP with any image-editting programs you have got. Save the BMP with a different name so you don't overwrite it in an accident.

6. Open the BMP you saved in last step with IrfanView, "color swap" from RGB ---> BGR and save with a new name.

7. Load the base skin with skinnerUI and import the modified BMP back into the base skin.

8. Your new custom skin still uses the base skin's file name. So, rename it and place it at a location that children can't reach. :D

9. To use your new custom skin, make a copy of your custom skin and rename it with the file name of the skin you want to replace. Place your custom skin in the actors folder and overwrite that skin you want to replace.
can you show me the instructions with pics,i mean you show me an example with one of the skins i showed to you and the show me with the pics how do you do it please
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

June 03, 2007, 07:51AM #94 Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 08:00AM by BliZZ
My small notes on Quicksilver:

1) I prefer Original Quicksilver with dark green speedo, rather than yellow-green. Can you change that?
2) There is a fairly prominent black line running down the center of his back.
3) The hands are rather oven-mitt like. Any way you can re-instate finger-looking lines?

Otherwise, awesome, dude.

Very nice Quicksilver skins. ::yoink:: Two thumbs up!

Really, awesome. With these two, the XML2 Modern and Ultimate (in the quadmod, I think), we already have the complete 4 skins set.

If we could only have mannequins for Pietro and Pyro... I was working on a list of replacements from multiple mods, and in the end I would end with only 13 mannequins of 27 slots, the rest will turn blanks.

(I know the Avengers Mod had its own 4 versions, but for me they always had something weird with the hair and the face)

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=45f1fc9e67fe1e666254e609f4c4ff9d

Updated Quicksilver Classic and Original skins. Fixes some of the issues described above: no more oven mitts, black line on back, and Original now has dark green speedo.

June 06, 2007, 02:06PM #99 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:10PM by Cates
OK, another cry for help. This time, it's Sunfire's fourth skin.

I've managed to paste an actual Shiro face onto this model and it looks pretty good in game. However, I CANNOT get the arm/leg bands to line up, nor could I position the chest shield where I thought looked good. And I am out of patience with it. So, here's the BMP with the Sunfire face on the quicksilvermodern body. If anyone wants to take up this task, you'll receive tremendous accolades for completing another character's skin set.

A couple of notes:
-the chest shield should go on the right side of his chest in the BMP so it will show up on the left side in-game
-wrist and ankle bands are easily done by coloring in those circles on the left side of the BMP.

For your convenience, the cfg line for the quicksilvermodern skin is:

quicksilvermodern.IGB,-DXT3,256,256,59199,128,128,124735,64,64,32679,32,32,36775,16,16,28903.

If this gets completed, you can stick a fork in him 'cause he'll be DONE.

How does this look?

Right now I still have to make the arm stripes thinner, because they look like elbow pads from behind. And I have yet to figure out how to connect the rays from the chest to the back (left them as little reference triangles) and identify where the shoulder pads come from in the BMP.

Rock on, boreman! :rockon: He looks pretty much done! The chest design is leaps and bounds better than what I had. BTW, I had the same problem with the arm bands going over the elbow from the rear perspective.

I think the shoulders will come almost solely from the arm pieces.

Are you sure the chest bands connect around the back? I think it would look fine to have them end on the front. He'll still have some coloration on the back with the arm and leg bands and the belt.

Here.

I messed up a little with the last importing, so still no complete IGB for now, sorry. I leave the shoulder and chest details up to you.

EDIT: Does this mean that we already have a 100% Sunfire, or are we waiting till the armored/samurai skin comes up?

Well, without a new mesh for the armored skin, it ain't gonna happen. So this will be the fourth skin. (We'll do some renaming of the skins to make it work.)

This'll be great. Nice to have a maskless Shiro even if it isn't the armored skin.

Sunfire, Modern?

I think it looks cool in game. Others may amend as they see fit, but it works for me. It'll be included in a Sunfire update tomorrow.