No mod...just game help

Started by DiamondDave, February 21, 2007, 12:47PM

Previous topic - Next topic
As the topic indicates, I haven't modded XML2 but have gone back to playing it recently.  I have never been able to complete the Teamwork simulations or Defend Havok so I have never (after 3-4 times through the game) seen Xavier.  It's been so long since this game was released that I can't find the cheat codes.  Can anyone help me out with that?  Also, I don't know if I have everyone's alternate costumes.  Seems that some characers (Pyro) only have a couple but others (Cyke) have quite a bit more.

While we're on the subject...anyone have any good, easy mods for XML2?  I don't want to have to reprogram a lot...maybe just copy over some files.  Thanks!

well your team buffs work on Havok so the absolute easiest thing to do is use Storm's invincibility Xtreme and if that's not enough, push him to a corner and stand in front of him will using projectile/range atks.

February 21, 2007, 06:10PM #2 Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:24PM by Burning Rage
Quote from: DiamondDave on February 21, 2007, 12:47PM
As the topic indicates, I haven't modded XML2 but have gone back to playing it recently.  I have never been able to complete the Teamwork simulations or Defend Havok so I have never (after 3-4 times through the game) seen Xavier.

I haven't been able to complete the teamwork ones either.  I can never get my power usage in sync with the computer controlled characters, because they always use them at stupid times.  AI FTL...

QuoteIt's been so long since this game was released that I can't find the cheat codes.  Can anyone help me out with that?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/code/927390.html

QuoteAlso, I don't know if I have everyone's alternate costumes.  Seems that some characers (Pyro) only have a couple but others (Cyke) have quite a bit more.

You have to complete more of the game to unlock more outfits.  There isn't a code to give them all to you at the start of the game.  The game is coded to unlock more upon completion of chapters.  You will have all of them by chapter 4.  If in doubt, download NBA2kstuffs' decompiler program and look at herostat.  You will see how many skins each character has, or you can check in the actors folder.

QuoteWhile we're on the subject...anyone have any good, easy mods for XML2?  I don't want to have to reprogram a lot...maybe just copy over some files.  Thanks!

There's no such thing...  other than changing skins.  There are skin files all over the forum.  Just check the mod release threads for some.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=105.0 - XML1 Skins
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I'm still unable to get to Prof X.  When I use the cheat from the link above, it only accepts (makes a noise on) the first right, first left and first up.  I do see that the link above is for the PS2 platform.  Does anyone have the cheat to get all characters for XML2 on the PC?

The cheat codes are exactly the same for the pc.....  I know, because I've used them many times to test  mods.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.