PSP Beginner problems - Please HELP!

Started by johnp, June 22, 2008, 06:42AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 22, 2008, 06:42AM Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 07:07AM by Teancum
hi i am new to marvel mods and i have a custom psp. i was wondering how do i start adding characters like collosus and moon knight? i have the umd of MUA can i work with that or do i need to download the iso/cso version? i have downloaded the colossus and MK mod already and i dont know where to proceed from there? help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

June 22, 2008, 06:47AM #1 Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 07:07AM by Teancum
There should be directions inside the files you downloaded.  You will need to create a CSO of your original game.

**ALSO - please don't post in all CAPS.  It's considered rude.  I went ahead and fixed the topic title for you.

ok sorry how do i go about creating a cso of my game?

Google is your friend.  We only post the mods.  We don't know much about the modding of the systems themselves.  There used to be guys here who could help, but they aren't active on the site anymore, sorry.

ok thanks i guess ill never be able to play mods

Yeah, sorry.  You need to understand how to mod the firmware and all that other stuff.  In addition to google you my try searching youtube.  I find a lot of awesome tutorials there.

well i do have a moded psp with custom firewire if thats what you mean? its already custom and can play homebrew games, iso and csos. i just need to know how to go about modding because youtube doesnt really show how to do the psp MUA

All you need is to know how to open the CSO, insert files, then recompress the CSO.  The instructions are inside the download link.

so do i need a iso version of mua to mod? because i only have it on umd

Yes, but I'm not sure how to create an CSO from the UMD.  You'll have to figure out that part, but I do know you'll need the CSO-->Decompress to ISO--->Add the mod-->Save ISO--->Compress back to CSO--->Run the CSO.

k thx any one the site who can help me with links to get the tools or advice?

You can either install CWCheat plugin on your PSP and use the "dump" function or try using a program called UMD Ripper. You'll need UMDGen to reconstruct the ISO.
Recommended sites:
http://www.psp-hacks.com/
http://pspupdates.qj.net/
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

thanks which one is easier to use CWCHEAT or UMD ripper? im kinda a beginner

If you want to do it the easy way, try UMD Ripper and choose not to split files. You'll need a good memory card though. If you don't have one, use CWCheat instead, as newer versions allow you to dump the ISO directly to your PC through a USB cable.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.