Iron Man for Pc

Started by Venom, June 21, 2008, 03:59AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 21, 2008, 03:59AM Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 04:02AM by Venom
Hey everyone , just bought the new Iron-man pc game today and is anyone else kinda disappointed about how it turned out ? It was fun for the 1st hour then got a bit boring  :bawling: I was looking forward to Iron-man the game as it looked like it was going to be one of the few good movie games . The only thing I can hope for this game is some mods of some kind to help make it fun .

I was disappointed in the amount of skins for the PSP version that I played. However, I've not tried the PC version, and am keen on doing so.

The PC version is a port of the PS2 version, so you don't get all the cool next-gen stuff that you would have -- the extra armors, the unique abilities for each armor, the bigger environments, etc.

I actually thought the game was fun on PC, but hated the fact that you couldn't change anything but the resolution in the video settings, and that the controls couldn't be mapped on a gamepad.

It's not the most exciting game, and I probably won't install it again for a few years once I uninstall it, but it's about what I expected from a movie game.  Spider-Man 2 and 3 were the only movie games that rocked, the rest were mediocre at best.

Yeah I didnt know that the pc version was any different to the ps3/xbox one besides a few armors . Is there really anything to do after you have finished the game ?
I might have to have a go of Spider-man 2 for pc bought it for $5 brand new and never played it lol .

Modding the game would certainly bring the PC a tremendous advantage over the others, such as the success with Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

@ Venom -- no, there's nothing at all to do once you beat the game.  No bonus missions, no extra stuff to unlock on a second playthrough.  Nothing.  Sortof sucks, but that's what happens when companies force developers to rush a game.

I'll be honest guys.  This one's not worth even lifting your finger to mod.  It's fun, but other than a few skin replacements nothing could breathe more life into this game.  If we were to mod a new Marvel game I'd much rather do Hulk because at least it's a go-anywhere "Sandbox" style game.  Iron Man is very much "do your objectives" and there's no replay value other than playing with new skins.

Long story short:  Replacing skins possible, but that's all that's worth your time if anything.  You can see the skins with TextureFinder 2.1.  If anyone's truly interested in doing reskins (They're VERY small textures) then we can talk about Ironing out the how-tos.  (aka writing a tutorial)

Thanks. I will not get this game for the PC.

Get it for 360/PS3 if you do it for anything as you get everything the PC/Wii/PS2 versions get plus more armors, armor-based abilities, and extra missions.

The PSP gets some special armors too but the controls were even more horrid for the few minutes I played it.

Thanks, I might get it for the 360. And I must agree that the PSP's controls were slightly hard to master, but eventually after an hour, I did.

Titanium Man is exclusive to the PSP, according to someone else's post here, if I'm not wrong.

Is it Ultimate or Silver Centurion that Iron Man receives as an exclusive on the 360?

Yeah, the PSP gets Titanium Man and Stealth Armor, but Stealth can be activated on the next-gen suits.

Xbox 360 gets:
QuoteClassic   Beat the "One Man Army vs. Mercs" Challenge
Classic Mark I   Beat the "One Man Army vs. AIM" Challenge
Extremis   Beat the "One Man Army vs. Maggia" Challenge
Hulkbuster   Beat the "One Man Army vs. AIM-X" Challenge
Mark II   Beat the "One Man Army vs. Ten Rings" Challenge
Mark III   Unlocked by Default
Silver Centurion (Xbox 360 Exclusive)   Beat the Mission "Showdown" (or beat the game, since "Showdown" is the last mission)

PS3 gets:
QuoteClassic   Beat the "One Man Army vs. Mercs" Challenge
Classic Mark I   Beat the "One Man Army vs. AIM" Challenge
Extremis   Beat the "One Man Army vs. Maggia" Challenge
Hulkbuster   Beat the "One Man Army vs. AIM-X" Challenge
Mark II   Beat the "One Man Army vs. Ten Rings" Challenge
Mark III   Unlocked by Default
Ultimate (PS3 Exclusive)   Beat the Mission "Showdown" (or beat the game, since "Showdown" is the last mission)

PSP Gets:
QuoteClassic Armor   Complete Sixth Mission
Classic Red and Gold Armor   Complete Ninth Mission
Mark I Armor   Complete First Mission
Mark II Armor   Complete Second Mission
Mark III Armor   Complete Fourth Mission
Stealth Armor   Complete Eleventh Mission
Titanium Man   Clear Game on any Difficulty Setting