MUA2: Civil War - Whose side are you on?

Started by iammingy, June 22, 2008, 07:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic
And you know Stark doesn't do things unless he fully believes in it with his heart. (quote from first all-out fight in which Goliath was killed in)

I definitely support Cap in this debate.  Heroes voluntarily help society to try to bring peace, and some slight repercussions will obviously follow, but it was caused by the super powered villians.  Basically the registration act is making heroes become government agents, and they also hand over important personal information that could be used against them by the baddies.  I think that Ironman overreacted so that he would please the population when he went all out to support the bill, because it was unnecessary (but interesting) to hunt heroes like common street thugs.

With heroes guv! I'm not that stupid, this Pro-Registration thing is not for me or for anybody, who likes his/her/its life. Against everybody, who becomes totally well-known hero. What, I'm a baddy?! Well then, Pro-Registration for president.

i'm on the anti registration side but i'm and always will be on side of the X-Men!!

exactly:) i loved the speech emma gave and the deads appearing and stuff but still if i wasn't with them i wouldn't have registered...sure if was a mutant hehe

She owned IM with her own telepathic genocide images.

April 05, 2009, 04:25AM #37 Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 04:28AM by temp123
Totally on Anti-registration side. Just look at what happens after registration in any Marvel Comics. Born as a mutant doesn't mean need to be a whole life government agent. No one should be deprived of his/her rights and freedom to stay hidden.

X-men is on anti-registration, though refuse to join the fight. Always stand alongside the X-men.

April 08, 2009, 08:19AM #38 Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 08:45AM by Nowhere Man
I don't live in the US either, so I'd probably be neutral while politicly supporting the anti-registration side, like Black Panther.

Registration is close to segregation, most people who have powers didn't have a choice in the matter.

I agree to have young meta-humans have training on their powers so they don't become a threat, like young mutant having to attend classes at institutes like xavier's, but no registration required. If your power is passive, like  healing factor, not even that.

being forced to serve in the initiative and being trained in military-like camps is way too much. forcing someone to work for the government is even worse. What if I have super-power but want to work as a journalist and have no intentions of becoming a super-hero?

what's acceptable would be: if you want to work as a super-hero and use your powers to arrest criminals, then you need a license and to acquire this license you don't have to reveal your secret identity, join the initiative or work for the government. The meta-human institutes would have further, more advanced classes for them, like tactics, self-defense and so on. All you'd have to do is prove you're able to control your powers. Like a drivers license. If you misuse your power, use excessive brutality, endanger bystanders or stuff like that, you lose your license.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

i'm going with the anti-registration side......ironman's cool and all but the secret identity stuff is the awsome thing about heroes.....so yeah....but i'm still gonna play both of em'

Going with anti, I've never been all about the Cap. but I agree with him. I actually agree with everything Frost said. But if it was me going through all that, I'd be on Cap's side all the way.

im with the Cap on this one, but im just glad tht in the game, we can choose anyone to be on our team!
here i found this on the MUA2 web!

Since I get to choose which side of the Civil War I want to fight for, does that mean I immediately lose half of the playable characters?

Nope! While choosing a side in the Civil War does lock you away from a few characters who are inextricably associated with one side or the other, the vast majority of the playable characters will "come with you" no matter which side you choose.

Again, this is a good example of gameplay trumping exact duplication of the comics material, as taking away so many roster choices would certainly reduce the player's enjoyment of the experience.

Plus, allowing most characters to choose either side gives us writers fun things to do, like figuring out what reasons Wolverine might have for going Pro-Reg!

I read the only characters locked are Pro: Ironman , Mr Fantastic and Against: Captain America Luke Cage but not all characters have been revealed so there may be more.

in what way do u mean Locked, u mean like, you must have them on your team? o_O god i hope not!