The Big Icon Making Thread

Started by Noelemahc, February 23, 2007, 09:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh, fekt. Alright then, I'll modify them accordingly. No big deal, that's why I keep the PSDs on hand.
In other news, I've upsampled Pyro's and Sabes' icons with the icons they borrowed from other sets (Sunfire for Pyro, Wolverine and Phoenix for Sabes) so that at least half of them would look nice. Once we get word on what to do with Sabes' icons, I'll do those; Pyro's next up on my to-do list :D

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Which of Phoenix's icons did you use? I don't see any that are the same.

The resurrection - because his Xtreme Buff has a different icon than Wolverine's :P

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I've redone Gambit's and Xavier's banners and left Rogue's as is.
Previews:

(click to enlarge)

Archive to try out: http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/Icons1MUAd.rar

I already know I gotta kick the contrast down and maybe mirror the images to prevent the burnout of the colours on the naming; but the fact that the icons look crisp and pretty and the banner itself is quite readable is already an achievement on my part, n'est-ce pas? Now excuse me, I just got me a swell idea for a Mystique powerset and I gotta write it down before I forget it.

Crimson Dynamo says:

March 02, 2007, 05:32AM #19 Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 05:39AM by aerophex

Cannonball's powers -> Icons
Rocket Attack, Personal Shield, Hand Blast, Multi Hand Blast
Explosive Blows, Party Shield, Shock Waves

X-Man's powers -> Icons
Plasma Bolt, Brainwash, Plasma Shield, Telekinesis
Plasma Pulse, Plasma Charge, Plasma Guardian, Plasma Fist
No idea what that last one is, He only has 8 powers, flight and MM in the game...

March 05, 2007, 07:33PM #20 Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 07:40PM by BliZZ
Quote from: Noelemahc on February 27, 2007, 09:06PM
The resurrection - because his Xtreme Buff has a different icon than Wolverine's :P

But... his is Orange! :P

BTW, thanks aerophex.. that'll come in handy! I'd like to say Cannonball was next on my list... but the lack of any suitable skins makes me shy away from even attempting to do him yet (which would consist of finding suitable animations, of course; unless Noel pulls another rabbit out of his hat and fixes those too :D)

My hat isn't THAT big :D Though I am slowly gnawing on the problem, I cannot predict when or how the next breakthrough will occur, y'know? The fact that I've got mid-semester exams starting this week doesn't make this any easier.

Crimson Dynamo says:

That's okay Blizz...  Cannonball is overpowered in XML2 and without his southern accent you lose a lot what makes him fun to play as.  (though in Sam's defense, he is a very powerful mutant) 

And one of the three surviving Externals :D Which means he's supposed to be nigh unkillable :)

Crimson Dynamo says:

Here is a reference for everyone: the talent icons!

Noel, how do you feel about adding some XML1/2 ones in the blank spaces?

I'm not dead, I'm not dead, I'm not dead... I promise to work on the talent icons next, honest!
For now...

(click to enlarge)

The mock-ups were done with what I could use quickly enough so as not to let my attention wander. I wonder if ADHD is a genuine affliction or just a convenient excuse? In any case, I changed the hero names in order to provide a feeling for how the piccurs will look in action. Yesh. If you want to complain about the coloration, complain, I myself feel it to be too off.

Archive: http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/Icons/Icons2MUAd.rar
(Plus a mirror for the previous pack)

Crimson Dynamo says:

For Nightcrawler, just drop the bottom row. The green one doesn't fit in, and the other one is for his xtreme boost.

May I request that his and Toad's be the next 2 char ones you do?

BTW: For the above banners, I think Juggs' looks fine, but I agree that Bishop's looks out of place. Maybe something more bluish?

Now, for all you fans out there, icons in their element!

Dayamn, gotta fix Rogue's banner (the white part of the hair causes a burnout that makes the text unreadable XD). *watches to-do list grow beyond control*

Crimson Dynamo says: