X-Men Legends Skin Mega Pack

Started by BliZZ, February 25, 2007, 11:07AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hmmm.... only on the PS2? Mind posting pics? Since Dazzler is hella-lame, and I can't imagine anyone wanting to do her (sorta like the Prof), this could be good cannon-fodder!

April 03, 2007, 12:51PM #31 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 12:55PM by Noelemahc
QuoteHave you tried the "Hide Me" cheat in the herostat?
Yep. Didn't work, at least in the PC version.
QuoteHave you tried the "Hide Me" cheat in the herostat?
In every version she's in, dude. It's as simple as opening the skeleton in a hex editor and checking for entries beginning with menu_. You can test her yerself, y'know, if you've got XML2PC.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

where do i find the power and when i choose a x-men skin the game will crash. what happen?

Quote from: Noelemahc on April 03, 2007, 11:43AM
This is ALSO to show that we've got the mutant bases covered for the DLC, as the PS2 models look pretty damn nice in those advanced lights.

Can it also be assumed that this removes the 'black dots in Regular Lighting' problem? Or are these still Dxt3 compressed?

PS: Activision is gonna have a hard to getting their heads out of their asses on this one, seeing as the DLC ain't released yet. Which means WE have even LONGER to wait til it comes to us in any form :mad:

QuoteCan it also be assumed that this removes the 'black dots in Regular Lighting' problem? Or are these still Dxt3 compressed?
Nope, they're indexed. Meaning, NO BLACK DOTS!
I just gotta finish doing them, that's all. Too damn many of them in there :D That, and my day job (trust me, working in a bank is stressful crap) is killing me. Literally.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Just a small update: almost all of the XML2PS2 and XML1PS2 re-rips are done (with the higher-quality texturesss), I've got a few XML2 enemies to wrap up.
Sorry for the delay, it's just this 'day job' thing is really cutting into my comp00ting time.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Great news I can't thank you enough for your time and the time you spend helping others,one of the real Marvel heroes thanks. :laola: :applause:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

HEY PAOPLE I HAVE PROBLEM.I INSTALLED THE PROBLEM I DIDN'T NAW HOW TO PUT THE SKINS IN THE GAME!!!!

PS:I MESST UP THE THINGS (I OPEND TH SKINS WITH WORD PAD THEN WITH WINRAR AND BACK TO WP)HOW CAN I PUT THIS THING IN MY GAME!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :confused:
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

You don't need wordpad you have to replace skins they are numbered like Iceman is 0801, 0802, 0803, 0804 in the actors folder just rename whatever skin you want to that number thats all.

can you tell me the instructions detaild :bowdown1:(because i went to actors,but iy's empty) :(
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

April 22, 2007, 12:33PM #41 Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 12:35PM by cvc
Installing new skins.
This is harder on you computer-illiterate types. In general, you download a skin you want to use, find a skin you don't want to use that's in the game, (let's say it is the third skin of the Thing, stored in the file 0503.igb residing in your game's ACTORS folder) BACK IT UP, unpack the downloaded file to a comfortable temporary directory, rename it to 0503.igb and copy the result to your game's ACTORS folder, agreeing to overwrite the existing one. Ta-dah!
BUT adding new skin slots is a whole different ball game which would, for a computer-illiterate, require a FAQ longer than I care to write in one sitting. So, either quit on the idea altogether or wait till our resident experimentators finish their project on making a mod of it. So there.
(tut by Noelemahc) the .igb is just the type of file you will only need to replace the 0503 by overwrite of the old one, if your actors folder is empty you have messed it up so you'll have to reinstall the game than do whats in this post good luck and have fun.its simple copy and paste.

i learned how to change skins from this site
http://drath.explodehost.com/gamersjournal/rpg/pc/xmenlegends2/hex.php
section: 4.1 Changing the Skin

that was fro XML2 but im guessing it should be hte same for MUA
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

How can your actors folder be empty? @_@
If you installed the game in C drive, then go to:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\actors\

Like what cvc said, back-up this folder in case you deleted some files by mistake.

You may also want to check out the "Skin IGB # List", which lists which MUA characters the numbers represent. 

Aside: This can also be done without looking at that list just by finding the correct 100's and 1000's (and in some cases, 10000's) digits of the IGB file in the actors folder. For example, "01_blade.igb" is saying that (all) 01XX.igb, where X is some number in the range 0 to 9, belongs to skins for Blade the character.

A forgotten, hidden skin!!!

Gladiator Juggernaut.