Shadow MOD - UPDATED - version 2.0

Started by shadow, July 03, 2008, 05:54PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 03, 2008, 05:54PM Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:18AM by shadow
SHADOW MOD - version 2.0
NEW VERSION 2.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?zdzum2tzzny

version 1.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?aynzofzedcz

LAST UPDATE: This update contains the last modifications and others. I did new icons, 3D hud, Menu Portrait and Conversation Hud. I changed Provocation for Draining Aura (see below for more info), did better skins and corrected some minor mistakes. Now this MOD looks decent. HIS FIGHSTYLE MUST BE SET AS fightstyle_hero, OTHERWISE, ONE OF HIS POWERS (DARK WAVE) WON'T WORK CORRECTLY. IF YOU HAVE THE LAST VERSION, YOU'LL HAVE TO START A NEW GAME IN ORDER TO SHADOW'S DANGER ROOM COURSE AND UNIQUE ITEM WORK CORRECTLY.

SHADOW is a character I created. He's a mutant that can manipulate shadows. He used to be an X-Man, but now he's a mercenary (that's why he's treated like if he was a Brotherhood member). His powers cause physical damage and he uses Professor Xavier XML1 skeleton.

New Menu Portrait, Conversation HUD and 3D HUD (it's the best I could do, but it's better than Multiple Man 3D HUD).

Skins:

OBS: Shadow doesn't use this skeleton, it was only used in order to get a better preview of the skins.

12601: Ultimate X-Men
12602: X-Treme X-Men
12605: X-Force
12604: Ultimate Weapon X Prisioner
12606: Astonishing Brotherhood Member
12603: Age of Apocalypse

Powers:
Shade Pulse: shots a shadow pulse that causes KB.

Hell's Uprising: pops up enemies using shadows from the ground.

Draining Aura: creates a shadow aura that drains some HP from the enemy every physical contact.

Dark Wave: releases a shadow wave that throws enemies on the ground (TRIP effect).

Demoniac Torture: uses shadows to inflict pain for a time, paralyzing enemies.

Shadow Sphere: a shadow ball that explodes on contact.

Buff:
Dark Shield: raises deffense of nearby fellas with a shield of shadows.

Night Fall: assumes shadow form, enhancing dodge rate and movement/attack speed.

Xtreme:
Shadow Nightmare: a powerful shadow explosion that pops up enemies.

Nocturne Cripper: summons a minion.

Passives:
Black Touch: adds energy damage and a black trail in his hands.
Shadow Master: increases critical chance of all attacks and deffense rate.

Also included:
Code for Shadow herostat
Code for Shadow's Unique Item (Lucifer Claws): replace by any item.
Code for Shadow's Danger Room Course (see below):

ATTENTION: ALWAYS DO BACKUPS OF HEROSTAT.ENG, ITEM.ENG AND DANGERROM.ENG!!!!

COURSE {
      arena = Snow Courtyard ; -----------> change here the arena
      boss_damage_scale = 1.5 ;
      boss_health_scale = 10.5 ;
      boss_level_boost = 10 ;
      bossname = Sentinel_c ;
      hero = Shadow ;
      hint = Hint: During character challenges, you have unlimited energy, so use your Mutant Powers. ;
      name = LE504 ; ------------------> change here the mission to be replaced (ex: CHCYC, JR301, etc)
      reclevel = 35 ;
      timelimit = 360 ;
      startloaded = true ;
      title = Challenge - Shadow ;
         SPAWNER {
         character = Sentinel_c ;
         }

MUSTDIE {
         character = Sentinel_c ;
         count = 1 ;
         }

REWARD {
         rewarditem = UNIQUE_SHADOW ;
         type = Titanium ;
         }

REWARD {
         requiredtime = 300 ;
         rewardtrait = Strike ;
         type = Adamantium ;
         }

REWARD {
         requiredtime = 240 ;
         rewardlevel = true ;
         type = Vibranium ;
         }

}

Hope you all like and please report any bug!

Thanks to:
iammingy for helping me with some offsets
shafcrawler for tips on hud and menu portrait
nodoubt_jr that worked on Invisible Woman XML2 MOD

July 03, 2008, 06:18PM #1 Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:27PM by nodoubt_jr
looks good, but just some notes.  153 is already used for the Goblin Queen mod, so this will overwrite some of her files and Shadowcat's entities file already used the name "ents_shadow", so it will overwrite shadowcat's entities (which is were she gets her phasing from).  just giving you a headsup on that stuff.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

didn't know...
which numbers are still empty?

the list for empty spots and spots that are taken are here http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=747.0

just pick an empty spot and i'll add it to the list

btw i did the Invisible Woman XML2 MOD :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Yeah, it's pretty fun to play with him!

Hello...I am currently using the All X-men Edition Mod and tryed to use this awesome character.  I added all the files but he does not appear to be playable for me.  Do I haveto delete one of the existing characters since there is already 21 in my roster?  if so how do I do that?  What else does my Noob ass need to do to make this work.  sorry and thank you.

Did you edit the herostat with XMLBCUI? It's available in the Knowledge Base forum.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=698.0

Also, yes once you've got 21 characters in your herostat, you have to replace one of the characters with the new one. Make sure you backup the herostat file first, then just Copy/Paste the new entry in that was probably provided in the download.

Quote from: garuda2012 on March 29, 2009, 09:49PM
Hello...I am currently using the All X-men Edition Mod and tryed to use this awesome character.  I added all the files but he does not appear to be playable for me.  Do I haveto delete one of the existing characters since there is already 21 in my roster?  if so how do I do that?  What else does my Noob ass need to do to make this work.  sorry and thank you.

Thanks! Try it and tell me what you think.
I will release an Update ASAP...

If you need any help, just PM me.

do you have a herostat for shadow?
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

It's inside the package, inside Data folder.

okay, so I tried playing as him but it doesnt work, he has no powers during gameplay.  But otherwise the skins are amazing!
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

April 29, 2009, 09:03AM #14 Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:27AM by shadow
Quote from: StepfordCuckoos<3 on April 29, 2009, 05:51AM
okay, so I tried playing as him but it doesnt work, he has no powers during gameplay.  But otherwise the skins are amazing!

That's weird, cuz touch_death reported me this bug as well by PM, but I asked nodoubt_jr to test it for me and he didn't find any bug...

Well, I'm redoing Shadow's packages and I'll release ASAP...