Tips

Started by Grig 32, July 04, 2008, 11:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Most people go to gamefaqs or other walkthroughs - but after sixteen or seventeen years of playing video games, from Dark Forces to MUA, I have learned that the best place to get tips on playing the games themselves are from modders and that most walkthrough sites are full of players who - despite their claims - give out advice that is almost as useless as silver surfer :P

Being a modder myself (though only a beginner) this is my personal list of tips for newcomers to this awesome game. Feel free to either comment or - better yet - post your own tips :D This is all in good fun ;)

Tip number 1: Just because a walkthrough says a character is no good doesn't mean that said character isn't gonna be good for you. I love Colossus in every single one of Activisions games - yet he is mocked almost as much as Silver Surfer (who sucks :P )so experiment

Tip number 2: Take most if not all of what walkthroughs tell you with a grain of salt :P

Tip number 3: Luke Cage, Ghost Rider and Silver Surfer were MEANT to be replaced ;) Its just a fact of life - feel ye no guilt about wiping them and putting in more deserving characters like Beast, Emma Frost, She-Hulk, Cyclops, (who does not suck :P ) Nightcrawler (lord of rockingly awesome) and Magma

And the most important tip of all - Tip number 4 - Screw the players and idiots on Gamefaqs and Gamespy and all those walkthrough sites - their all on drugs. If a characters costume can be upgraded to provide health that recharges itself... GET IT :P Its just that simple - whether its Iron Man's puny health charger or Blades snazzy healing factor... GET IT! You can't store health for later in this game - its come as you go. Sometimes the only way to complete ANY mission is if you've got a healing factor... so stop reading this and go get it :P

Anyway, thats my four cents... now lets see yours ;P

July 06, 2008, 12:01PM #1 Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 05:59PM by muafan
Ten camandments of playing MUA PC

1.thou shalt not beleive it when people say silver surfer sucks

2. thou shalt  down sentry and quasar NOW! they pwn

3.  thou shalt Not underestimate wade wilson. never.

4.  thou shalt know the greatness of daredvil: that those that play as him shall florish greatly.

5. thou shalt experement with moves and thou shalt see  see if they can get thru sheilds.

6.  thy should use radials often.   

7. thou shalt not use spideys Xtreme

8. thou shalt never use elektras sai throw

9. thou shalt not beleive it when people say ronin sucks

10. thou shalt follow thy head and not thy heart when thy play mua.

i like silver surfer actually

Silver Surfer is  lame of you think about it without his powers he acts like a airhead to me

Lets not start the pro and con of silver surfer debate AGAIN :P we'll be here all night if we do. Lets stick to the tips game eh?

Silver Surfer rocks if you are skilled enough to know how to use him.

It doesn't take skill to use the Molecular Mix-Up glitch or a Battle Cry boosted Surfer's Rage.

Here's a little tip:

Right at the start, pick spiderman.

After entering the first room, websling forward and you should break through the wall, continue forward and you should break into another room.

If you keep web swinging, you can break through another few rooms and cut out a good chunk of the first level - good for getting to the first extraction point in about 2 minutes...

Yep, I use that trick a lot when testing.

ooooo, cool,i bet illuse that one alot when im trying out new mods....
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

Same with me - spiderman's a great 'area skipper' lol