Dihan's Mods

Started by Dihan, July 05, 2008, 03:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 03, 2012, 09:29AM #615 Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:35AM by Dihan
Nightcrawler Mod v1.0 by Dihan

Get it here
Preview video

Overwrite every file from previous versions just in case. Requires the original Nightcrawler mod found in the Official Character Mod.

Includes:
- Four Skins and HUDs
- Unique icons
- Unique passives for the costumes
- New powers
- Expansive teleport gameplay features
- 100% less sword powers

Skins:

Astonishing
Classic
Age of Apocalypse
Ultimate

Sucker Punch Nightcrawler teleports up to an enemy and punches them, knocking them into the air.
Acrobatic Kick Nightcrawler teleports forward and delivers an acrobatic kick combo to his enemies, knocking them away with each hit.
Sneak Attack Nightcrawler bamfs to multiple nearby enemies and does one attack against each enemy, stunning them briefly.
Shadow Pounce Nightcrawler teleports into the shadows and waits for an opportune moment before attacking, with a high chance of making a critical hit. Hold down to remain hidden from sight.
Teleporting Frenzy Nightcrawler bamfs around a single enemy multiple times unleashing kicks and punches.
Free Fall Nightcrawler grabs hold of an enemy and teleports them vertically so they are no longer a threat. Of course, what comes up must come down.
Teleport Teleport to hard to reach locations or escape from combat.  Allows carrying allies.
Shadow Crawl Nightcrawler hides in the shadows becoming invisible to most enemies and has critical hit chance increased.
Worship Nightcrawler's prayers for sustenance are answered with a boost to regeneration and energy recovery for him and his team. His prayers for retribution are granted through slightly increased damage and defence.
Blindside Blitz Nightcrawler bamfs around multiple enemies unleashing multiple attacks, culminating in a blast attack from the Brimstone Dimension.

Teleport Features

- Double jump followed by a succession of three short ranged teleports.
- Dedicated teleport power for long range distances.
- Hit jump at any point during an attack animation to interrupt its ending with a combat range teleport to set up combos with other teleporting powers and standard attacks.

Needs
- Fixing outdated description of Shadow Crawl.
- Anything else that's found.

Credits
- Icons by Deedoo
- Original mod from the Official Characters Mod by Dark Mark et. al.
- Nowhere Man for general help
- Marvel for the character
- You, yes you, for downloading this mod
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Awesome!! Totally agree with you about the swords. I really can't wait for this.

Just downloaded..

It's so awesome!! Thank you for this mod, Dihan!! Good job!! :thumbsup2: :)
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Hope everyone enjoys it! I had fun making it.

He's perfect! Thank so much, with his new teleport attacks nobody can touch him :)

He is still fragile, so be careful! We've already seen what can happen if something happens to put their arm where he's going to appear! :P

Oh goody, gonna try as soon as I play. :D

Congrats on finishing one more of your great projects and I'm gonna want to know how you got those passives to work.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

I did a Dodge/Speed passive and a Reflect Damage/Reflect Team Switch. Think of the latter as Nightcrawler's spatial awareness putting him in positions where his enemies hurt themselves or each other.

Nice! How about the frighten with melee? Did you get it to work?

No. I tried Reflect Fear but it was quite annoying. The enemies would hit you and always run away for longer than the fear lasts because the chance roll wouldn't work no matter what I tried. Then it would happen all over again. With Reflect Team Switch it lasts a split second so the effects aren't noticeable unless they're in the middle of a combo, then they'll turn to the nearest enemy and attack them.

That was a very creative solution.

I'm encountering an error where Nightcrawler doesn't have light melee attacks. I haven't yet tried reinstalling but I think I was rather thorough in my replacement.

For me he works, I LOVE HIS NEW TELEPORTATION EFFECT, sorry for caps, but wow! It looks so good!
Just a few bugs here and there, Ill mention them

- When teleporting (3x triple jump) he enters a really weird state where you cant move and you can only teleport (not very far aswell) using a power solves this though

-With teleporting frenzy there's a small chance you fall trough the floor, I mainly encountered this error while using it on the grate floor in the helicarrier level, while it was lowered

Other then that WOW! And ill just have to ask, did Nightcrawler have that prayer animation in XML2? I don't recall it, but it looks really cool :D
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven