Dihan's Mods

Started by Dihan, July 05, 2008, 03:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
1.02b uses my exact files and they all work in my game as I've said a countless number of times.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Update - v1.03

See fixes on first page.

Quote from: Teancum on July 11, 2008, 06:57AM
Just FYI guys, I've got about 5-6 decent voice sets (large ones) from other games.  If you want someone totally unique from and XML/MUA character let me know.

You wouldn't happen to have any French sounding voices would you?

I'm working on a unique French sounding one using voices from another game. Done.

v1.04 is released. Fixes and changes can be seen on the first page.

Sounds great! Looking forward to trying it out, esp. the unique voice set.

The sounds aren't particularly good quality, especially not compared to your one, but it is French and sounds quite arrogant... Which has Northstar written all over. The main problems I've found is that some of the voice samples are too quiet and sound a bit fuzzy. Is there any way to fix this?

For the grab smash, I tried to do it as best I could. I'm not completely happy with it but it works.

Any further updates for bugs or what not will be put on hold, as will the Husk conversion (as if it was going anywhere anyway).

Apparently "a drive in a RAID 0 volume is failing". Don't worry, I've backed everything up onto my dad's external hard drive, USBs and my SD card.

I'm getting it sorted ASAP, I can't live without my computer!

Northstar is not showing any powers/icons showing up...on the character menu or in the game...i try to bring them up but nothing shows up...

@ Dihan: Dude, will there be a problem if I use the voice files from within your MOD? I was using Iceman but this sounds good.

Pacaveli: That sounds like a packages problem. Did you rename anything or put the packages in the wrong place?
If I personally had any of these problems then I wouldn't have released it.

Shafcrawler: Of course you can.

Icons are almost fixed. One of them is still square for me. Don't remember which one.
Blinding Flash still doesn't work. Icon appears fine in the menu, but in game it doesn't. Power doesn't work either.
Also one of the two boosts (Shooting Star IIRC) does not show any graphic effects after the initial one.

PS: Yes - I start a new game each time for testing heroes.

I'm having the same problems as Sidewinder, and more: his skills aren't working at all for me.

It's working great now for me, Dihan. I'm not experiencing the above mentioned problems: No icon issues, power 3 working, jumpsmash, etc. Creative work on the grabsmash, though I can see why you're not completely satisfied with it. Perhaps something in the interact_victim file could fix the enemy flying in the air thing.

Nice, nice job. Another excellent addition to the mod list. I'm moving it up to stage 3 in the catalog.

At least I know that it works for someone. Are the sounds ok as they are or do they need to be a bit louder and clearer?

Quote from: Dihan on July 14, 2008, 04:37AM
At least I know that it works for someone. Are the sounds ok as they are or do they need to be a bit louder and clearer?

I only got to test it out for 10 minutes or so, but what I heard sounded fine.

Well I found that I couldn't hear the voices very well over the other characters, so I upped the volume a bit... Though this made the voices when you select Northstar particularly buzzy but on the other hand, it made the others louder and clearer. I also took the opportunity to fix sounds that wouldn't play.