Dihan's Mods

Started by Dihan, July 05, 2008, 03:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regarding the Shadow King Mod: Anyone else experience a game crash when the unique item (Scorpions Tail or whatever it is named) is spawned after defeating the Scorpion when Shadow King is in your team?

Regarding Rockslide: Finger darts doesn't work for me. Nothing is fired and no damage is done. He only raises his arm.

Regarding Shadow King: Could not reproduce the crash when inserting him into another team. So I basically habe no clue why he didn't want to be in the other one.

One thing I noticed playing with Sage, Surge, Hellion and Punisher in hard mode.

I used the filler cheat to check out the xtreme powers and got that annoying lagged frames after the powers were triggered. And it happened in two different ways:
1. Only Sage fired her extreme and then no character could move, but her;
2. Surge fired her xtreme at first, then Sage fired hers and everything started lagging and again, only sage could move!

I've tried it with many other characters (mods and MUA originals) it only happens when Sage is in the team. It's like if her xtreme was causing a memory overload or something! Anyone had this trouble before?
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

I haven't had any of these problems.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on March 31, 2009, 12:51AM
I haven't had any of these problems.

Could it be due to my lousy laptop?
I got AMD Turion64 1.6GHz, 1GB memory, 100GB HDD and nVidia GeForce Go 7300 128MB running WinXP.

But I've never had this problem with any MUA character or mods before! Except running under the Advanced Light Effect that makes the game run slow like a turtle!

I know that some people have had problems with Xtremes with other characters. I've had it happen a few times whilst making other characters, but never with Surge.

Sidewinder: I think I know what the problem is. I've uploaded a newer version.

Quote from: Dihan on March 31, 2009, 02:22AM
I know that some people have had problems with Xtremes with other characters. I've had it happen a few times whilst making other characters, but never with Surge.

Just a lil' observation. At first, I thought the problem was with Surge! But then, I removed Sage and the game went on very smoothly! I've already reached Mandarin Palaces playing with Wolverine, Dark Phoenix, Surge and Hellion and all went very well, no bugs so far! The problem was with Sage in the team, I guessed!

I've just tried a team of Sage, Surge, Hellion and Iceman and I didn't encounter the problem.

Just outta curiosity, I'll try the same team when I get back home, after work!

Yep, just tried the same team as you and it happened again! Sage fired her extreme first and then everything started moving in slow-mo and only Sage could move. The other characters don't fire their extremes and just stood there unable to move! I'm gonna try with other characters - without surge and then without hellion - to confirm my suspicions (either Hellion or Surge is the one having problems with Sage)

So, I just tried other characters, and it turns out the problem really was with Sage! This time, I tried with Dark Phoenix, Deadpool, Cyclops, Magneto, Ironman, Captain America, all the same results... She gets to be the one firing the extreme first and then all other three just stand there and Sage starts running around - All in slow-mo - ! Just used heroselect and moved her outta my herostat!

I had this problem once -- I had just dowloaded the OC mod! I was playing on Atlantis, team consisting on Hulk, Cap, Hawkeye and Spider-Man. After executing the extreme, the game pratically froze -- I could barely move the Hulk (which I was already controlling), but at slow motion. I had to return to a check point and go through that stage without executing extremes (I tried doing it again, with the same results... so the extreme triggered the bug, I guess).

So, I don't know if it helps, but perhaps Sage is not exactly the problem.

I've had this problem with other characters. It may be that your computer can't handle so much going on at once. Have you tried using Sage's Xtreme in other places?

What do you mean other places? Like after the carrier? Omega Base or later? I just start the new game and try the character 'til I reach the checkpoint, actually.

So, I just tried with only Sage in-game and after using extreme, everything goes back to normal. But her animations were weird, like no punches showing, or coming few seconds later. I did start new game, default stats, dunno what's wrong.

Then, tried with Sage and Jubilee and that slow-mo thing appeared again...

Can't say what's the problem. My laptop is too crappy or I've got corrupted MUA... Bah, done with trying her out! I'm gonna just keep playing with my current roster!

Anyways, thanks a lot Dihan!

About the Xtreme bug..
I have this problem with all the conversions that I have (Stepford Cuckoo, Dust, Northstar and Husk), that only hapen with the converted mods not the original mods by Dihan (Surge, Hellion, Rockslide).
Also I have to say that I use 3danalize to run my game because I don't have all the software needed by MUA to work.
So there are a few places like hellicarrier (in the fight with bullseye), Asgard (in the fight with enchantress)and Atlantis, that my game become slow, and when I use a Xtreme for exmaple of Dust, the game froze.
In another places like Murderworld or Doom Castle, my game is fine and runs at the correct speed, and if I use the xtreme, again of Dust, for example,  the game continues without a problem.
Maybe your problem is like mine, the mods works fine, but the sofwere don't. To correct this I only use the converted mods in some specific scenarios, that I know, work at the correct speed.
Hope you now what I'm talking about :)

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5