Why no Pc version?

Started by Luciano, July 16, 2008, 02:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
And the consoles that the game WILL be released on only being confirmed in a trailer I'd hardly call that confirmation either.

We'll just have to wait and see until they give us the official announcement

Quote from: Grig 32 on July 19, 2008, 12:52PM
And the consoles that the game WILL be released on only being confirmed in a trailer I'd hardly call that confirmation either.

I'd call that the clearest confirmation ever other than the company saying "HEY, IT'S COMING OUT FOR THESE PLATFORMS!"  The trailer was made by Activision (the publisher) themselves so I'd say that's pretty clear.  I'm not trying to make waves but I don't see how that isn't clear information as to the release platforms.

Star Trek Legacy was retracted from two consoles even though they were announced in a trailer. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was announced for the PC but also retracted. Tales of Symphonia 2 was announced for the GameCube but it too was retracted. Do you get it? What they've put into the trailer are the consoles their PLANNING on putting the game out on - plans and design specs change.

Companies sometimes jump the gun or make commitments they can't meet. Its been my experience that until the company confirms the stuff put forward by a trailer that the trailer itself is lukewarm proof at best.

Firstly, The Force Unleashed was never officially announced for PC.  I've followed that one very closely from day one.  I'm an admin at a Star Wars gaming site and we keep very close tabs on all the rumors and official news for Star Wars games.

And while you're right on the rest, if a trailer isn't official, then literally nothing is official till the game comes out.  I realize platforms get canceled due to budget cuts and whatever other reasons but news from a publisher via a trailer or official statement is still official news.  If they cut or add a platform later that's different.  But they could say on 1,000 news sites it's coming out for X, Y and Z platforms, and retract one, trailer or no. 

I guess what I'm saying is by that way of thinking there's no official word at all until it's on the shelves.

Exactly ^^

Call me crazy, but all the game magazines and trailers and 'official company announcments' in the world have been wrong more than once - and they'll be wrong again. I take what I see when I see it.

Personally, I've got no problem with debates and all... FANTASTIC way to express views and opinions on matters both menial and important. As for my PERSONAL opinion? I'm not buying into what the trailer is selling until the game is on the shelves and I know what consoles are and are not handling it.

I, also, am not trying to make waves here. Just stating my own personal opinion and views just as everyone else has.

if theres no pc version, i am gonna seriously harm myself. thn ill sue activision for sending me into maniac depresion.....

I hope there's a PC version because if a certain character (I'm no longer allowed to name in topics like this), isn't in it, I'll be putting in a request for a character mod if the game comes out for the PC and try to wait until one is made, though I may go insane and ask that when muafan sues the company for driving him into maniac depression, that he also sues them for not putting in this "character I cannot name".

Quote from: Jean Grey on July 22, 2008, 07:17PM
I hope there's a PC version because if a certain character (I'm no longer allowed to name in topics like this), isn't in it, I'll be putting in a request for a character mod if the game comes out for the PC and try to wait until one is made, though I may go insane and ask that when muafan sues the company for driving him into maniac depression, that he also sues them for not putting in this "character I cannot name".

Oh, you are so clever, the way you still spam for jean grey, but don't actually type her name, and there's nothing I can do about it.....
Oh, wait, yes there is.
1 week ban.
You were told. Stop spamming your "I want Jean Grey in mua2", and here you are doing it again.
Next time you pull this crap it'll be a month ban.
Thereafter, I'll be voting for a permaban.

Well, it seems Gamespot doesn't have a page for the DS version (should be http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/marvelultimateallianceiifusion/index.html ), which is confirmed in the trailer, so once again, we can't say if it'll come out for PC or not, at least for the moment.

Don't count any site unless it's Officially related to Vicarious Visions, Activision, or Marvel Comics.  So a trailer would be as official as it comes, a press release, etc.  Often vendors get the platforms wrong.

July 23, 2008, 05:46PM #26 Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:52PM by muafan
THO they may decide to convert it to pc cuz didt grig say they may add a new console and from teancum (bold and..... added by me)
Quote from: Teancum on July 19, 2008, 08:22PM

If they cut or add   a platform later that's different.......

I guess what I'm saying is by that way of thinking there's no official word at all until it's on the shelves.

in other words, componies HAVE added new consoles.
or an actual example (from luciano)
Quote from: Luciano on July 15, 2008, 01:50PM
Why no Pc version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blackshake:
In the first trailer about spider-man 3 there isn't the icon of Pc but then we have the pc version, so maybe we have the pc version..
[

so hopefully theyll be a port. maybe we should do a MUA2 FOR PC pention people? how much do game companies listen to consumers?

I ask to beenox about spider-man web of shadows and mua2 but i dont recibe any asnwer.
When i revibe that i post here.

yes but maybe a mass pention theyll listen too. maybe if we blackmail them by saying that all that sighn the pention will not buy the other versions if they dont hearken unto our voices.  maybe go so far to say no buying Activision games. anyway luciano i dont think beenox are the right people too ask.
oh, can u brush up on ur english grammar.  please.

Petitions never work.  What you gotta hope for is the game to sell really, really well so they want to port it to PC.