NEW Meshes For MUA?YES Definitely!

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 12, 2006, 05:28PM

Previous topic - Next topic
And a Mandarin_classic mesh and skin:

Unfortunately the cape looks a bit weird, I'm still working the bugs out.

He can be downloaded here:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=9f51660d1d9d14bd74ccc01daf011584

Third Hawkeye mesh/skin, the West coast Avengers version:

found here:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=9542b47683b6d1b0c85d71a36965a325

Now, this leaves one more hawkeye costume to make, and it's not going to be "street clothes".
So you get a vote, of sorts.
Should I make
the rather horrible costume circa Avengers vol 1 #100?
Or the Avengers Forever version?
Or the Iron Hawkeye armour from later west coast avengers?
Or the awful heroes reborn "brown plantman"?
Or some other costume? (if other, state where it appeared, preferably with a picture, or a link to where I can find a picture).

GOLDEN ARCHER!!!!! Or, if not, just make the 'Modern' one from the PSP version.

Quote from: BliZZ on December 16, 2006, 01:24PM
GOLDEN ARCHER!!!!! Or, if not, just make the 'Modern' one from the PSP version.

Heh, good call on Golden Archer, I'd forgotten Hawkeye "invented" him.
RE: PSP "modern" anyone know of a decent pic of it or where in comics it appears?

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on December 16, 2006, 01:30PM
RE: PSP "modern" anyone know of a decent pic of it or where in comics it appears?

I believe it is this ^

Ahhh... the "thunderbolts" look.
OK, thanks.

Meanwhile, as they used to say,
another Cyclops mesh and skin,
Cyclops_jimlee_tom:

can be found here:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=d9226f84178c8068c89a61d5ef804c05

December 17, 2006, 02:19PM #51 Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 02:24PM by durfal
Thetommyboy2002 you wrote this about the mannequins:
Could it be that like my meshes, the mannequins were exported containing keyframes, rather than using a seperate keyframe/animation file like the meshes in Actors?

This sounded great but I don't have a noobie clue what you mean with keyframes.
So is it possible say to make one from existing files like the Black Widow mesh?
If so how do you manipulate those keyframes and what is it that you have to do to get them to act correctly. Then I could make them myself.

Thanks a lot for making them and finding these things for us!
I use both your Hawkeye and Cap Marvel mannequin and thats great but they look sideways. Is it possible to make them to look towards the viewer. If thats not possible no big problem, just would be nice.

Furthermore I see you have a lot of different mannequins for other characters too looking at the pictures. (Hulk/Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver/Beast?/Giant Man)How did you do that?
And if you made Scarlet Witch, Beast and Quicksilver available for the game (from the XML2meshes I supose?) can you upload those too? I read some postings about them being in the wrong color when moving the meshes from XML2 to MUA directly and reversing the color would solve that. But I realy don't know how to do that either. Otherwise I could import those myself too.  Sorry but I'm not really good at modding. I'm already happy I managed to get MK/Colossus in the game and that I replaced the Manderins(from the mod)extra spot with Cap Marvel, and I replaced Blade and Nick Fury with Hawkeye and Black Widow after following all your, Noelemahc and others instructions to the letter.

Oh and another small question. What are your graphic settings in the game? I have all those small black spots on your meshes but in your pictures they look spotless. Maybe it's in my settings that they apear that way. I tried a few settings but still they are there. Not a huge thing but it would be nice.

To make any type of keyframes you need 3dstudio max and the alchemy artists pack.
And it's not easy even when you have them. As yet I haven't figured out the format for new keyframes, as I am still figuring out obvious stuff like making the weapons appear at the right time, bump mapping, mipmapping etc etc etc.
Hopefully, eventually all this stuff will get done, but it's still early days. A week ago I couldnt make any meshes for the game, now I can, so progress is being made.
I'll try to rotate the "built in" keyframes I supply with my meshes in future releases, and I'll (at some point) update and fix all the ones I've released so far.
Most of the characters you see in the background selection screens are where I have copied an existing mannequin and re-skinned it, which gives a stand-in mannequin, but the results aren't that great.
I'll be making new meshes for Quicksilver, Beast and Wanda at some stage, I hope. If not, and nobody else does it, I'll upload the converted XML2 versions.

OK I leave those keyframes to you . It sounds complicated to explain for moddingdummies. But I''m happy with the ones you make and are making available to all of us :)

Great if you make new skins for Wanda, Pietro and Beast but I would already be happy with the converted ones.

Keep up the great work!

Quote from: Noelemahc on December 15, 2006, 12:31PM
Yup, the MUA bumps are EXACTLY DXT5_NM compressed DDSes. I just made a header switch and it opened okay in my Photoshop. Which means you got a problem with the plugin, dude. Throw your wannabe bumps as BMPs (remember to include a fancy alpha channel if you can -- MUA uses that as an extra normal map) at me and I'll convert'em for ya.

The format is as follows: the GREEN channel holds one half of the data, and the ALPHA channel holds the other half. When used together, they create the same visual effect you'd get as if you'd look at a Red-Green 3d image (you must've seen at least one as a kid! You needed special 3d glasses to see'em!) without the special glasses. It's hard to explain as Texture Finder doesn't give a rat's a$$ about alpha channels so unless you can rip it, you can't look at it proper.

EDIT: Click for sample. This is The Thing's 0501 1024x1024 bump/normal map (ripped and splotched with a DXT5_NM header). I'm not sure which since I've always had trouble following the jargon.

I've now got saving in DXT5_NM working.
I've taken your thing bumpmap (for which thanks by the way), and pasted ny own bump map into its green and alpha layers, then saved as a new file in the DXT5_NM mode.
And *&^%*ing Max (or Alchemy, or both) still wont accept it as a valid bumpmap.
I still get the "Warning: Bumpmap shader male_basic_mua uses an invalid texture format
for its bump map and will not be exported.
Alchemy requires 8-bit greyscale images for bump map textures" message.

If I try to greyscale the bumpmap prior to saving it as a DDS, I get an "error: only RGB color mode is supported" message.
So I'm still unable to export with bumpmaps.
I'll obviously continue to play aound with it, but if anyone else has any insights, please speak up.

Okay, that simply means the exporter needs a different bump map format.
Let me make a few of the ones my plugin collection allows, I'll up them and we'll see where it leads us, 'kay?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks.
I've never had to worry about bump maps before (freedom force doesn't use them), and the combination of them, a different exporter than I'm used to, and different game engine than I'm used to is slowing me down a bit.
I appreciate the help though, and we know it can be done, we just need to figure out how.

In the meantime, heres a Hulk_tom twopack, a green and a grey version.
I replace colossus with him, as he looks good picking up foes and beating stuff with them or just throwing them away. you may want to adjust the scaling in herostat to 1.0 rather than 1.3, it depends on how big you want him.

The files can be found here:

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=1ce7d2bf1bcd2f5add091a216fd89951

Crosspost:
I've seen a few people request this character:
Iron_fist_tom:

Mesh and skin available here:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=2b8fc4b71d4d81f5bdbd5c5d176af1f3

Seems to work rather well with Elektra's moves (I just replaced one of her skins).

I've finally gotten my hands on the issues of Daredevil with Echo in it (for the third and fourth Ronin costumes). I'll up the snaps tomorrow soon as I can, 'kay? Gotta hit the sack now. *yawn*

On an unrelated notes, the story's quite interesting, told mostly as child drawings and scribbles alongside the panels, instead of IN them. That's what you get when you cross a deaf girl with a blind guy, huh?
[Random fact: why is it that EVERY super-powered girlfriend Matt gets tries to kill 'im first? Elektra, Black Widow, Typhoid Mary -- and now Ronin/Echo. Once is an accident, twice is coincidence, but four times is def'fly a trend.]

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.