NEW Meshes For MUA?YES Definitely!

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 12, 2006, 05:28PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Preview time.
All four "PSP exclusives"

I'll try to release Ronin and the Widow soon. Neither have as yet got properly animated weapons (ie ones that get drawn and put away) as yet. But I'm still aiming towards figuring that out.

Dude, that's a GREAT Ronin. Although, I'm not sure she should have that much green. Widow looks good too, albeit a little cartoony for my tastes.

this will be ne of the noobiest statements ever but im confused...is there a hawkeye with powers? or just a skin? thers so much being said that im not sure

I don't know if it's more complicated than it seems, but I think the Daredevil's suit texture would really improve Widow's suit and Hawkeye's mask. Ronin might use a little, moderate darkening. It's just that it looks to me that some of these cool new skins don't match with the style of the original ones. Anyway, it's just an esthetic and personal tastes matter.

And Captain Marvel's hair looks funny. Perhaps not so big and less symmetric:

(googled images, hope they help)

Blizz, you could be right, but viewed with advanced lighting all colours become a bit more muted, so for now I'm leaving them as is. And Ronin's costume is hard to judge. I had a hard time just trying to decide if other than gold and green it had any colours. I actually left some green out (around the neck). Most of the pictures of herm are not very clear, so I made some judgement calls. Bottom line, these are my versions of these characters, not the defining ones. I'll think about darkening Ronin, but we already have a black panther, so I wont go too far down that road.

Rainy, yes, Noelemahc released fixed versions of all four psp characters files to make all their powers work.I've made three new meshes/skins of hawkeye. You'll have to read some other threads to find the links to Noelemahc's Mods, or look on the gamefaqs forum, cos i'm too tired to find the links for you tonight.

Boreman, yep, you may be right about the textures, but as yet, I don't know how to get bumpmaps to work in my meshes. And till I do figure it out, or someone else does, I'm afraid thats not going to happen. (But for my personal tastes, I don't like superheroes who all look like they are wearing chainmail or a string vest. Some clothes are just smooth textured, and I prefer that. If a character has a texure to their costume, I'll add it, but I don't think 90% do, contrary to what you see in this game).
RE:Ronin, see my reply to Blizz.
RE: Mar-vell, again, theres an element of artistic interpretation (or incompetence) that mean not every one will think a given mesh or skin is a "perfect" rendition.
But since I have to remake him(them) anyway, I'll see if I can improve the hair, as I wasn't 100% happy with it either.
RE: Meshes matching the style of the game, that's a tough one. It's quite hard to match another persons style, both in the modelling and the textures, and most of these skins were adapted from the more cartoon-y Freedom Force meshes and skins I made. Hopefully, I'll improve as I go, but there's balance between doing it fast and doing it right. A lot of the time I tend to err on the "do it fast" side of things, so I'll try to slow down a bit. 

Hey Tommy,
   am i correct in assuming that the meshes you've done for MUA have the same mapping as in FF?

I guess i'm going to have to cracxk down and look into finding nelehmac's mods and the gamefaq forum,   cause i havent had much luck modding MUA so far (with next to nil effort mind you :P )

I really like what you've been able to accomplish so far for MUA (but i hope ff doesnt lose ya)

Hey, Detourne.
Yes, they are all male_basic type mapping, and extras are typically on the same maps as my versatile and lite ff meshes (ie zemo bits, tom_extras, strangefate bits).
When the ladies start showing up, they'll be on female basic mapping.
The trickier part is that you have to extract/insert the skin into the mesh as it all comes in one mesh/skin package, but MUAskinner and texture viewer should help with that.
Once you do it once it gets easier thereafter.

And putting the brakes on my Modding/meshing etc for a little while is the fact that my monitor died last night. The one I'm using to type this is an older, smaller one that apparantly is unable to display the colour Red, which rules out most aristic endeavours.
Since I have no money, until I can fix one or other of these ^%&*ers, (or beg or borrow cash or another screen), consider me on "hold".

December 22, 2006, 05:24AM #69 Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 05:29AM by durfal
I'm sorry to hear that thetoommyboy2002  :-[
I'm enjoying your skins a lot and was exited about your remakes without the black spots and the two new skins for Ronin and the Black Widow looked great too.
I hope you get (or borrow) your new monitor somehow.
It's a bummer to have to wait. You were getting better and better at this all the time.

PS: since you aren't making new skins for them at the moment can you upload your XML2 skins you already converted for MUA? Thanks in advance.

is that daredevil avatar taken from one of the marvel vs capcom beat em ups?  Can you tell me which if so please mate

Quote from: Will on December 22, 2006, 07:56AM
is that daredevil avatar taken from one of the marvel vs capcom beat em ups?  Can you tell me which if so please mate

Got it from here: http://www.gifmaniacos.com/

Yeah. There never was a CAPCOM game featuring ol' Hornhead, so this must be a very good fan edit. My Magnus, however, is a genuine article :D

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

December 22, 2006, 01:25PM #73 Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 01:41PM by thetommyboy2002
Updated Hawkeye 3pack featuring Hawkeye_classic, Hawkeye_wca, Ultimate_hawkeye, hopefully no longer featuring the black blobs. Can now be used as mannequins as well. 
Downloadable here:
Edit:
make that:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=b44569258b8f57ac146a0a195596a9b5