Who gave me my "Nickname"?

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:42AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have noticed that above my Invincible Member rank, I see a "Sir Posts-a-lot" there.

I would like to know who put an incredulous, preposterous name like that.

July 25, 2008, 05:13AM #1 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:24AM by Venom
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You should feel privileged to be the only person with an additional rank :D

July 25, 2008, 05:28AM #3 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:33AM by Teancum
I did.  You were given it because of the numerous posts that had no merit.  There were quite a few instances where you asked questions you already knew the answer to (in reviewing your posts this happened much more than once) as well as general spam-a-lot posts like the old english in Magneto's thread that went on and on.

Frankly there's no reason that someone who posts a lot for the sake of posting should have their rank go up and up when the very most they contribute are "Nice Mod!" posts.  Other folks that post a lot who aren't modders at least give a modder feedback on the mod -- if something doesn't work right, if something needs tweaking, etc.

Basically this is a new rank given to those who love to post but not contribute in any way.  So if you'd like to take the time to do very organized and useful contributions in some way you can get it removed.  You're on the right track with your MUA2 information thread (which could use some formatting by the way), but some other threads such as the Staff thread are psuedo-useful.  Frankly everyone who's here can see the words "Admin" or "Moderator" or "Marvel Modder" under someone's name.  The Frequently Asked Questions thread for noobs was a good idea however it ends up being useless for noobs.  They want to look in one post for their answers.  If you organized the questions and answers into the first post that would actually be meaningful, but right now noobs look for two seconds then go ahead and make their own topic.

July 25, 2008, 05:32AM #4 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:35AM by Teancum
That answers my question. Thank you.