PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: haydnc95 on June 04, 2009, 06:57PM
interesting. atleast i can se one more female ¬¬

And it appears that this female can fly, so I think that the only female that had an important role in the civil war and can fly as well is Ms. Marvel. I don't remember anyone else, maybe Spider Woman, but the silhouette makes me think that is Carol.
So I think she's in.
Talking about the video posted by Dihan, Songbird looks really fun to play and I like the butterfly effect while she's flying. I'm curious about the Green Goblin and Venom, and Storm seems to be more powerfull, at least compared to the first MUA.

Quote from: Venom on June 04, 2009, 07:08PM
Looks decent but I would of prefered a thing like were they are running towards each other with each faction on opposite sides or something like one of the civil war comic book covers.

Like the X-Men animated series opening where the Xmen runs on one side and the Brotherhood on the other side?

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Yeah, either Ms. Marvel or Spider-Woman. Perhaps even Rogue, Jean Grey, Elektra or Psylocke (these two leaping in the air), or Moonstone.

Yep , I think I mightve said about the Xmen beginning in another thread already lol
In the thread discussing the menu it says the person it the background is holding a bow so fingers crossed for hawkeye :D

Hawkeye would be cool. I was hoping he would be in and now there is a chance he could be.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on June 04, 2009, 07:19PM
Yeah, either Ms. Marvel or Spider-Woman. Perhaps even Rogue, Jean Grey, Elektra or Psylocke (these two leaping in the air), or Moonstone.

It's really difficult to say, because none of this women are involved in the civil war, Rogue can't fly anymore, Jean is dead (at least not for too long in Uncanny x-men ^_^), Elektra is a Skrull imposter (during the civil war) and I don't hear anything about Psylocke, If I remember, the guy in the video mentioned that it would be included characters that are related to the storyline, but at this point I don't know :D
Moonstone would be awesome, I love her! she's fantastic in the Ms. Marvel comic I also think Hawkeye would be cool too :)

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

The president of Vicarious Visions gave three categories they file characters under:

1) Those important to the plot (e.g. Songbird)
2) Those they can't live without (e.g. Hulk)
3) Those that are big fan favourites

I personally don't think any of the fan favourites have been announced yet. They said they listen to the fans and have done surveys. One of them was a poll on the main site and Emma Frost got the most votes.

I think the last characters will consist of:

1) Two more X-Men
2) One more Thunderbolt
3) Two others who are iconic or important

I think we'll get:

1) Cyclops and Emma Frost - both the current leaders of the X-Men. They both also add something different. No other characters in the game have optic blasts, telepathy or a diamond form. They are both very important.
2) Moonstone or Bullseye - Bullseye is more popular (apparently) but Moonstone is a female member and rounds the team out well. She could also replace Ms Marvel.
3) Hawkeye and Punisher - both are popular and can add something different.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Agree with Dihan sounds like a very possible list of remaining characters , so far most characters revealed kinda fit into two categories but thats just what I think. Hawkeye and Punisher were big characters left out of the first one so they should be in this time round.
Since DLC is confirmed does anyone else reckon there will be a few characters and the rest alternate costumes ?

I think we'll probably see a mixture.

Ya know, why are they sticking to 24 slots when 30 slots should keep the game playable even longer? (Counting that the game can't be modded)

I don't know. They keep on saying "24 characters out of the box". Some people have interpreted that as without unlockables, others like myself are saying that's with unlockables as Deadpool, Venom and Green Goblin have to be unlocked.

Quote from: Dihan on June 05, 2009, 12:40AM
The president of Vicarious Visions gave three categories they file characters under:

1) Those important to the plot (e.g. Songbird)
2) Those they can't live without (e.g. Hulk)
3) Those that are big fan favourites

I personally don't think any of the fan favourites have been announced yet. They said they listen to the fans and have done surveys. One of them was a poll on the main site and Emma Frost got the most votes.

I disagree.  How are Hulk, Deadpool, Iron Fist, Venom, etc not fan favorites?

Hulk and Venom are somewhat Iconic in my eyes.

Quote from: Teancum on June 05, 2009, 05:13AM
I disagree.  How are Hulk, Deadpool, Iron Fist, Venom, etc not fan favorites?

I counted some of those under ones that were either part of the plot (Venom and Deadpool) or ones they can't live without (Hulk and Iron Fist). Despite liking a lot of the characters on the roster, some are quite forgettable if you're so used to seeing them in a modded MUA1.

Well, not everyone fits in only one of those three categories, in fact most fit in to at least two categories.

And it's not really fair for us to judge from MUA1 mods.  We have to look at it like we're just your average person who likes Marvel characters, but isn't obsessed like us.  Because that's where the bulk of their paycheck is going to come from.

I know they fit more than one category, I was just fitting them into where I personally believe they primarily fit. To be honest, I had also completely forgotten about Iron Fist - I had an exam on my mind. I probably should have said "not many fan favourites". The really big fan favourites will probably be revealed towards the end. You can't really say Songbird is really a fan favourite - she may be a fan favourite for fans of the Thunderbolts but she's not nearly well known enough for her to be a big fan favourite. I also can't believe Juggernaut is in. I really hope Juggernaut doesn't take up an X-Men slot.