PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dihan on June 05, 2009, 12:40AM
1) Two more X-Men
2) One more Thunderbolt
3) Two others who are iconic or important

I think we'll get:

1) Cyclops and Emma Frost - both the current leaders of the X-Men. They both also add something different. No other characters in the game have optic blasts, telepathy or a diamond form. They are both very important.
2) Moonstone or Bullseye - Bullseye is more popular (apparently) but Moonstone is a female member and rounds the team out well. She could also replace Ms Marvel.
3) Hawkeye and Punisher - both are popular and can add something different.

I like Dihan believe that we will have two more X-Men. Cyclops most likely,plus Jean Grey because she is a fan fav, is one of the most wanted characters for MUAII, and offers psychic and phoenix powers.

Then I think we will have one more Thunderbolt who will be Hawkeye most likely, because he also fits the Avenger status, and adds bows and arrows to the game.

Ms. Marvel will probably be the next, cause of her important role in Civil War, another Avengers and to have a character who could fill a cosmic powered hero role (cause of her Binary powers).

Dr. Strange, cause the game would need a magical character. If not him it could be Scarlet Witch cause she is also magical, another female, and another Avenger, plus she has close ties to the X-Men. But it is most likely Strange.

The last character would be either Bullseye or Psylocke. Juggernaut fits as the 5th X-Men, and the Avengers have 5 members, and so the Thunderbolts's 5th member could be Bullseye. However Psylocke is a fan fav, not to mention the clue by Kalina so there is a chance Psylocke could be the other character and a 6th X-Men.

Quote from: Dihan on June 05, 2009, 08:45AM
I know they fit more than one category, I was just fitting them into where I personally believe they primarily fit. To be honest, I had also completely forgotten about Iron Fist - I had an exam on my mind. I probably should have said "not many fan favourites". The really big fan favourites will probably be revealed towards the end. You can't really say Songbird is really a fan favourite - she may be a fan favourite for fans of the Thunderbolts but she's not nearly well known enough for her to be a big fan favourite. I also can't believe Juggernaut is in. I really hope Juggernaut doesn't take up an X-Men slot.
Well, I say don't worry about Juggernaut, because he will be a bonus for preorder, no? I mean, he would be a bonus, who we don't count, right? If you ask me, Nightcrawler could be a nice choice as an X-Men. We need teleporters!

I think Deadpool will be the only teleporter. Just like Invisible Woman will probably be the only one with a telekinesis move.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-marvel-ultimate/51180#comments_top

Look in the background at 2:07.  I don't recognize anyone we haven't already mentioned, maybe you guys will.

Check 3:24 for confirmation on  a few characters we already guessed/knew about.

Quote from: Wade Wilson on June 05, 2009, 12:16PMNightcrawler could be a nice choice as an X-Men. We need teleporters!

I see him as a DLC character, along with Gambit and Psylocke.

Quote from: Teancum on June 05, 2009, 08:03PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-marvel-ultimate/51180#comments_top

Look in the background at 2:07.  I don't recognize anyone we haven't already mentioned, maybe you guys will.

Check 3:24 for confirmation on  a few characters we already guessed/knew about.

I see him as a DLC character, along with Gambit and Psylocke.
I checked the video, at 3:25, who is that behind Cap? Maybe just I can't recognise her, but there is a slight chance, that she is someone new. (I vote for "just I can't recognise her")

June 06, 2009, 08:00AM #261 Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:17AM by Wade Wilson
As I said, I'm the only one, who can't recognise her. You know who would be awesome? Clint Barton as Ronin or Hawkeye!

Cool. A battle between her and Wolverine!

Nuts! I'm waiting for the last characters to be unlocked for us gamers (you know what I mean). It would be great, if Cable would be a playable character (I would smash the world with Cable and Deadpool).

Yeah Cable would be awesome! I would have to prefer Jeanie as the psychic. I really hope that this game has some magic character like Wanda or Strange. And if they do the magic characters should be more powerful. Strange was nice but the Witch was terrible in XMLII. I really like how she uses her powers in Wolverine and the X-Men. A powerset based of that would be wonderful if she makes it in the game.

I don't think anyone we've seen that hasn't been confirmed to be playable will be playable.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I agree. Really only Black Widow, Cable, or Hercules have a chance. All three cause of their roles in the Civil War, Cable and maybe the Widow for popularity. Cable brings new gameplay but he has guns and stuff something which Deadpool has so Cable only brings something new unless you count Invisible Woman's telekinsis and if the game has a telepath (Jeanie, Psylocke, Emma, Professor, Rachel). If their is another psychic then Cable could be counted out easily.