PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm with you Hawkeye (with a Ronin alternate costume) and Cable would make two excellent additions.  Cable might not make it because we have a gun character (Deadpool) and a psychic (Jean), but he'd still be awesome.

As three characters from the supposed leaked roster have been confirmed, then it may be Iceman, Ms Marvel and Nick Fury.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I hope not. I want Ms. Marvel, Cyclops, and Spider-Woman but the latter two may not make it. Hawkeye is cool but I wouldn't want him with a Ronin skin as there is no point with him as Ronin holding a bow with only arrow attacks. Cable would be ok but I prefer Cyke as the X-Man and he seems to be more of an NPC. I want two more females as Songbird is on the Pro side and Ms. Marvel may be on that side too if she is in so we wouldn't be able to make a full female team then on the Anti side unless there is another female. And Nick Fury has been confirmed as only an NPC.

I'm a big Iceman fan and he has unique powers. I want him in as much as all the Jean fans wanted Jean in.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Wow didn't know that. He would be cool (no pun intended) and awesome although I myself want some newer faces.

heres a pretty good article about the game http://www.newsarama.com/games/070923-MUA2New.html , i dont know if theres anything new in there, but since i havent read any articles this is all new to me :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Some info about Jean.

QuoteJean's popularity has definitely been something we've taken into account, though - she's probably one of the characters we've been asked about the most, and the one people have been most worried about not seeing in the game. Ironically, I don't think there was ever a chance she wouldn't be in, I believe she was one of the first characters we intended to include.

That is great to hear that we never had to worry as Jean was gonna be in from the beginning.

Some talk about Jean (really great news) and Gambit.

I'll post my personal gameplay summaries of Jean Grey and Gambit before the end of the day... Right now still working the 'day job' of bug hunting as well as providing coverage. 

EDIT: After re-reading the dev blogs, the designers actually talk quite a lot about how these characters play. I don't want to step on their toes, so I'm going keep this pretty short: Basically, Jean's great fun, especially if you're a strategic player. When you deploy her powers correctly, she can completely turn a battle around and help a team to decimate the opposition. She's also got a particular knack for breaking lots of objects at once, which is great for causing strategic explosions and ferreting out collectibles. The one possible downside I can see: due to her popularity in the comics, a lot of people are going to want to slot in Jean immediately and just start unleashing her powers on anything that moves. On Normal difficulty or anything above it, they'll be in for a rough ride: yeah, they'll make a really cool mess and take out a number of foes in fun ways, but they'll probably expose Jean to too much enemy fire and get her health chewed down. But if you have the patience to hang back for a few seconds and watch the situation (or the skills to jump in while navigating through the ebb and flow of enemies), Jean is simply a monster on the battlefield. An advanced player will be able to figure this out pretty fast, for the average player (or someone just new to the game) it may take a few battles before they start really grasp what Jean can do.

Aaaand we're on to Gambit! It's probably not a surprise that he's a big favorite around the office.  In terms of gameplay, Gambit's obviously good at ranged combat, but he's best when you mix up his ranged and melee. All his moves are really "flashy" and just plain cool... If you like movies with lots of explosions, he's your guy. Actually, both of these new characters are big on the "visual factor," as in they're just really fun to watch. Gambit's also great for beginning players, as he's got a range of powers that are really different but not individually complicated. That makes him really useful when you're learning the ropes of switching between powers and melee, or just generally experimenting with different tactics.

Quote from: Teancum on July 23, 2009, 11:15AM
Penance is 99% official, with an actual in-game shot:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/marvelultimateallianceiifusion/images/0/22/?tag=imagenav;next

That leaves only 2-3 more reveals for the shipped game
Heres a new link (that one has been taken down) : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Electro555/951211_20090723_790screen022.jpg
I hope for Hawkeye,Punisher and cable(Or just someone good).

Hey how many times can a VIP code be used. Like if someone gave his friend one and then he put the code in and the friend put the same code in. With both be able to get VIP with the same code?

By the way Gambit and Jean have got their character bios up. In Jean's they mention that she has the power of telepathy which she can use to fire mental blasts so I'm guessing her projectile is really a mental blast. It's weird how her X3 costume is in there. I love how Rogue's pic is in Gambit's.

They made Jean look really beautiful..

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 23, 2009, 08:15PM
Hey how many times can a VIP code be used. Like if someone gave his friend one and then he put the code in and the friend put the same code in. With both be able to get VIP with the same code?
I think only once, if they gave out the 1 code everyone could use it and then there would be no point to VIP.

why not just give their username and password to their friend so they could see whats on there?

At the moment theres 2 pictures for VIP's and Im pretty sure they been posted on the normal forum, so nothing special is on there yet.

Saw a video of Storm. Her powers look like she has her lightning strike, a whirlwind, a wind popup attack, and a blizard. Weird how that fills up the four powers but it doesn't include her wind knockback attack unless blizard is a boost. Songbird has a sort of popup attack, some exploding projectile, sound darts, and some scream with pink effects. Cap looks like he has the four powers from the first game minus his radial attack.