PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I may have two codes. I preorder and got one and I then put in a real e-mail but a fake code and it seemed to send a code to that fake e-mail.

If my first one works (won't try it till Friday or Saturday) I can send the second one to anyone who wants it.

Also has the patch that makes stuff you unlocked in previous save games available in new save games?????

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 16, 2009, 06:06PM
I just played the game and finished it. Loved it!!!!!!!! Every character felt good and unique and I can't imagine all the bad stuff I heard about it.

Also the seperate Jean, Thor, and Hulk codes do not disable saving so you can use those.

Well that's definitely good to know. I found the 5 for Jean on my own, but i'd like to try out Thor and Hulk and didnt feel like hunting for their pieces, now I'll just use the unlock codes. Fun times.

Same here. But for Thor and hulk I used cheats as I missed out on a few of their stuff and I wouldn't be able to unlock them.

Teancum says that VV messed it up as it isn't true to the Raven versions but I disagree. It has been updated in new and great ways and that is what you expect in a sequel. Not the same stuff over and over again.

Anyway I love fusions, the ability to change teams anytime, and how at the end you are at a base and can do simulators and replay any mission which stays true to the original mission.

So getting rid of power variety, customisation, individual character equips, more skins and including lame characters is an upgrade?

Can I have some of what you're smoking?
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

+ different equip slots

They should've add stuff instead of removing stuff. MUA1 would be superb if it had the same stuff (related to character customization) as XML2 + more. MUA2 is even worse. Graphics don't cut it. I like MUA2 BUT MUA1 = much much better than MUA2 and XML2 = better than MUA1 in terms of customization IMO.

Anyway, does anyone have the PS3/360 version and can take some pictures or so?

Renting the 360 version this weekend (hopefully, depending on the wife's plans for me :P).  Here's hoping I'll be proven wrong in my skeptical opinions.

Did anyone else find the camera angles to be annoying and mostly stiff? I played through some of the first level and found the maps to be very linear (limited areas where you can move) and sometimes couldn't get the camera in a good position to show my team. Hopefully it improves for the next levels, or maybe I just don't know how to control the camera properly :)

Thanks again to Teancum for the code  :thumbsup:

I see the moaning and crying hasnt stopped yet. Just play the game. It's just as much fun as the first MUA.

I am just angry that to download Juggs you must have Gold XBOX live version and I have the free (silver one) I think. So I didn't even get him.

Quote from: Scotimus on September 17, 2009, 08:34AM
I see the moaning and crying hasnt stopped yet. Just play the game. It's just as much fun as the first MUA.

I see posting before reading hasn't stopped yet either.  People who have played the game are still saying it isn't as good as MUA1.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 17, 2009, 03:11PM
I am just angry that to download Juggs you must have Gold XBOX live version and I have the free (silver one) I think. So I didn't even get him.

That sir, is why Xbox makes me angry in general.  You should not have to pay for an online service that every other console has for free.  Especially having a premium service to download *FREE* content with a game you just purchased.  Viva la Playstation.

The only thing I thought MUA lacked was indeed the character customization that XML2 had.  Spending the points to upgrade the characters yourself was something I liked.  There are also no "jack of all trades" type charcters in MUA.  You are either Focus heavy, Body heavy, or Strike heavy.  That's it.  Some characters are well rounded and should have a more even distribution than just a crap ton of 1 stat, and mediocre of 2 stats.  You do not get to upgrade the characters in any way other than their powers, that's it.  Sure, you get 1 equip but I thought XML1 and XML2 did better with 3, because it gave a greater variety to characters.  I DID however like that in MUA you could finally take points out of powers and spend them elsewhere should you decide to upgrade a different power at a later time.  That was nice to not have to spend 10,000 and 100,000 in order to do that.

An example of how the 3 archetype character system was a hinder to MUA would be Gambit.  I couldn't figure out what character type I should make him in MUA at first, but finally ended up just going with bruiser_light.  If I made him support, yeah he'd have a lot of energy and energy regen, but he wouldn't be able to take hits, and for someone that excels at combat that is not an option.  But also, if I made him a bruiser that just wouldn't make sense either, Gambit isn't known for his super physical strength, he is more of a finesse fighter.  However, in XML2 even though characters have a predetermined "type", they are not locked in to that and are not unchangeable.  It was nice that the game gave you some stat points to work with that you could upgrade yourself in addition to the ones that the game applies itself.  So I was able to spend points equally in all categories for Gambit, making him a well rounded character who can have a balanced use of melee and power usage.

That was something that if they did in MUA, it would have made it better than XML2 and MUA2 by far.  However, I still think it's better than both by comparison, that would've just been icing on the cake.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 17, 2009, 03:11PM
No you dont I downloaded him with silver.

Does anyone else think that juggernaut is a fun and good character to use ?   Because from playing with him on my team for a while he seems better then half of the roster.

Quote from: Burning Rage on September 17, 2009, 03:27PM
I see posting before reading hasn't stopped yet either.  People who have played the game are still saying it isn't as good as MUA1.

This topic hasnt been filled with belly aching at all, you are so right! Thank god you put me in my place.

I think the game is just as good as the first one. No each character doesnt have 58 costumes. No they didnt get everyone's favorite costume. No they didnt get everyone's favorite character. They game is still plenty playable. Except for a few small things, to me it's almost more or less just like the first.

Quote from: Venom on September 17, 2009, 04:51PM
No you dont I downloaded him with silver.

Does anyone else think that juggernaut is a fun and good character to use ?   Because from playing with him on my team for a while he seems better then half of the roster.

Not with me. When I click on him it says need to be gold.

If you ignore it goes back to home.