PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I like the graphics, especially this plastic-like characters :D Really, when I was younger, I played with action figures a lot.

Some DLC info: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/marvelultimateallianceiifusion/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-51992015&pid=951211&tag=topics;title

Includes:
-reasons for choosing characters (Black Panther got in because Marvel said so)
-reasons why some characters weren't included (Hawkeye didn't get in because he wasn't a top-poller, and they didn't want more than 1 repeating DLC character, compared to MUA1 DLC)
-Date: 360 - november 5th; PS3 - november 5th or 12th. If all goes well.

Okay, they didn't want more than 1 repeating DLC character.. Do Hulk and Venom count? They were DLC and in MUA2 now? (Hulk is Iconic, that I can understand, he should've been in the roster from the start)

Black Panther trailer
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/games/marvel-ultimate-alliance-2-exclusive-black-panther-revealed#at

Yeah, VV are really not smart.  They don't want to repeat DLC?  How about you just give us what we want instead?

I hope Rogue and Cyke make it in.  No mention of Shulkie and Spider-Woman so thats sad for me.

Quote from: Teancum on October 29, 2009, 02:06PM
Black Panther trailer
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/games/marvel-ultimate-alliance-2-exclusive-black-panther-revealed#at

Yeah, VV are really not smart.  They don't want to repeat DLC?  How about you just give us what we want instead?

This is from the BP article: "Additionally, the previously GameStop-exclusive character Juggernaut will be available for download as a standalone download on the 5th, for 160 Microsoft points and $1.99 on the PSN store."

As for "what we want", what we want is Carnage, according to most people who answer polls.

I want Rogue, Emma Frost, and Punisher.  I don't see why VV are having problems doing Rogue, Raven was able to do her no problem.  Since MUA2 recycles a lot of stuff from MUA1, why not go back and get the old code for Rogue?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Possibly because they want to remaster her and make her good. If they just use her XMLII version I refuse to buy her as I'm sick of that version. Just took her out of my roster as I don't like playing with the same Rogue in different games. Exactly why I am waiting for the Rogue mod you will be making Rage.

Well I was meaning the absorbtion power.  I don't understand how they haven't figured it out yet, but they could borrow the code from XML2.  It would be nice if everything were different beyond that.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: Burning Rage on October 29, 2009, 03:36PM
Well I was meaning the absorbtion power.  I don't understand how they haven't figured it out yet, but they could borrow the code from XML2.  It would be nice if everything were different beyond that.
If that then ok. That should be borrowed. Another reason I don't use Rogue much in MUA cause that ability does not work. Hopefully that problem can be fixed.

QuoteCARNAGE - Carnage was a fun add to the game because he's ALL NEW to the whole MUA franchise, and actually ranked #1 in our polls and surveys and other things among Marvel characters not previously in MUA or MUA2. He's pretty recognizable on a mass appeal basis. We were particularly concerned about making sure Carnage played differently from Venom and I think the team did an amazing job delivering on that.

WTF? Carnage, recognizable on a mass appeal basis? NOBODY, from my girlfriend, to my mom, to my friend at work, nobody even knows the character. OK, he ranked high on a specific poll, but that's quite far from "mass appeal".

Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it