Question on PS2 modding

Started by MonitorAccess, July 27, 2008, 11:54AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 28, 2008, 01:08PM #15 Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:03PM by MonitorAccess
I do have a HDD in my PS2....I suppose I should look into a way of booting off of it.

EDIT: Found HDLoader...oh boy new experiments upcoming!

Edit 2:  Now I remember why I stopped experimenting with HDD stuff.  I burned HDLoader, had to burn it to a DVD.  My Swap Magic will not boot the DVD.  Neither the DVD or the CD.  I'm not sure if I need a newer version of Swap Magic (Mine is 2.0....old old old) or if I need a different version of HDLoader.

August 01, 2008, 10:33PM #16 Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 06:13AM by MonitorAccess
Ok, back again.

After a couple days of burning coasters and generally wanting to rip out my hair (If I still had some) I have got HDLoader to work!

I also got Winhiip to work and copied over the modified MUA disc with Colossus and Moon Knight on it to my HDD.

Only problem is that it doesn't run...when I choose play from the HDLoader screen it simply goes to a black screen and goes no further.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured out what was wrong and got it running last night.  (If anyone is curious you have to play the game in HDLoader Mode 3) I still get the occasional freeze up...like I can NOT remove Moon Knight from my active squad or else it freezes...but it does seem to be running more smotthly than from the burned disc.

:phoenix:Im trying to mod my pc for weeks and i have a huge progress. Can anyone help me
mod my ps2, I tried.?????????????????