Marvel Universe Edition

Started by nodoubt_jr, July 30, 2008, 08:35PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 30, 2008, 08:35PM Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 08:24AM by BaconWizard17

Download here!

This is a package mod that replaces 19 XML2 characters with MUA characters.  The whole point of this project, was not to bring MUA to XML2, but to have a different choice. To see how non-X-Men heroes would look like in XML2. Apocalypse was a big threat, why wouldn't other heroes get involved in the fight?

The new roster is

Bonus stuff:
-added additional skins to Iron Man and Scarlet Witch
-added two bonus XML1 maps, Danger Room and Mansion, to the main menu Danger room, so you can use them to fight in.
- Character specific Team Bonuses. 

Notes:
The mod/package doesn't replace anything.  It has its own herostat, team bonus, and new save spot.  The point is to be able to run XML2 regularly, but run the Heroes Edition on its own.  So I went in and hexed the exe so that instead of herostat it looks for heromarv.engb, and so on.  It also offers a new save spot, it creates a new folder called "X-Men Heroess 2" were these new save game can be saved, that way it doesn't interfere with the normal game and its save games.  The main dangeroom icons are included in this pack so that every new mod and some npc have their own icons.  Also if you previously had installed these conversion characters, the new stuff will overwrite the old character stuff.  So don't worry, but still back up anything important I'm not responsible if you lose or overwrite something.

The new exe is called Xmen2_MUE.exe, it's a cracked exe so all you have to do is double click on it.

Scripts unlocks every character but Iron Man, so you can naturally unlock him.

You must have everything in the pack in your game for the whole thing to work properly, don't forget anything.  Just add everything.  Unpack the package in the the main XML2 folder.  Its set up just like XML2 sets up its files, so just unpack it or drag and drop to the appropriate file.

New to Previous version:
- characters that previously used two skeletons/new fightstyle, now only use one skeleton.  So now they are able to do combos and wont lose any animations.
- now we have starting characters, so no longer do you start with defaultman
- went back to using npcstat and reviewpaths, since a lot of script and map packages called for these specific files, so to prevent issues i just use the regular ones.
- Dropped Moon Knight from the roster, added Spiderman
- all characters have power sounds and voices, to get Spiderman and Ms Marvel's voices look here  http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2924.0
- Characters now have Danger Room missions
- Gave Elektra, Black Panther, and Daredevil doublejump
- added a bunch of additional 3D heads
- fix a lot of powers that weren't working correctly

New To Final Version:
- updated all characters
- previous bugs no longer exist with this version
- added more danger room missions to characters (Spiderwoman, Daredevil, Blade, Mr Fantastic, Ghost Rider)
- added additional skins to Scarlet Witch and Iron Man

and just so you know:
teleporter - Dr Strange
drain batteries - Blade's Bite
Brotherhood - Scarlet Witch
builds bridges - Dr Strange and Invisible Woman
puts out fires - Thor's Blizzard power

Known issues/bugs:
- effects dissapearing or not looking correctly: i noticed this around act4, why this happens i don't know, most likely a memory issue with the game.  when this happens, just switch your team around.
- dissapearing ents attacks: again i noticed this around act5, sometimes in certain areas characters ents attacks don't show, so for example you may be holding down Invisible Woman's multiple shoot down, but nothing comes out.  Again, i haven't found a fix for this, but it only happens in certain areas within a map, sometimes just moving a couple of steps to the side fixes this.

New team bonus

bonus danger room maps

character danger room missions

Credit:
iammingy: Katana Bolton; Black Widow Classic, Ultimate, and Yelena Belova skins; Spiderman Mod; Captain Marvel Photon skin; Iron Fist skin; Dr Strange "Strange" skin and hud head; Ghost Rider Ketch skin; Hulk 18706, 07, 08, 09, 10 skins and hud heads; Human Torch Retro skin and hud head; Silver Surfer Norrin Radd skin; Carnage skin; Iron Man Flexi and Stealth skins
aventureiromax: Black Panther Masked skin; Ms Marvel Warbird skins (17208.igb and 17209.igb)
Deedooo: Black Panther Civil War, Modern and Ultimate skins; Black Widow Monica Chang, Monica Chang Masked, Ninja, Original, Thunderbolts and Second Ultimate skins; Blade Steampunk skin; Captain America Patriot skin; Daredevil MUA2 Alternate and Revamp skins; Dr Strange Doctor Voodoo and Cultist skins; Invisible Woman Modern 1 and Modern 2 skins; Mr Fantastic Black Suit skin; Spider-Woman S.H.I.E.L.D. Stealth skin; Iron Man Silver Centurion skin
Marquis: Black Panther T'Chaka skin; Captain America Heroes Reborn and Modern Captain America skins; Daredevil ShadowLand skin; Spider-Woman Training skin;
whiteking: Black Widow MUA2 skin; Invisible Woman 90s skin; Moostone Ms Marvel skin; Spider-Woman Classic Unmasked skin; Scarlet Witch Modern skin
marvel watcher: Blade MUA2 Wii skin; Captain Marvel Genis-Vell, Genis, Captain Mar-Vell, and Ultimate skins and Alternate and Ultimate 3D Heads; Elektra Marvel Nemesis skin; Ms Marvel Warbird skin (17207.igb);
boreman/Norrin Radd: Ultimate Scarlet Witch skin
boreman: Pijamas Thor skin
BLaw: Captain America Modern and Captain America Punisher skins and hud heads; Captain America 3D Head Models; Captain Marvel Original 3D Head Model (Quicksilver); Human Torch 17800 and 17802 3D Head models; Spider-Woman Arachne II, Masked, Mattie, Carnage, and Ultimate skins; Spider-Woman Arachne II, Masked, Mattie, and Ultimate hud_heads; Thing 3D Head    Models; Thor 3D Head Models; Iron Man MUA1 Classic 3D Head Models; Iron Man Hulkbuster skin
UltimateVeNoM: Captain America Secret War skin; Thing Dark Hero Marvel Nemesis skin
Deadpool-X: Daredevil Noir skin;
master$$$: Ghost Rider Movie Vengeance skin and hud head
Teancum: Hulk 18701, 02, 03, and 04 skins
ds22489/UltimateVeNoM: Invisible Woman Movie skin
matt710: Rogue Ms Marvel skin, huh head, and 3D Head
CosmoChakra: Thor Ages of Thunder skin

Some of this stuff is taken from the MUA Official Characters mod, so credit to those that worked on it

all conversion done by nodoubt_jr, except for Spiderman which is by iammingy

Special Editions Install Order:
1) All X-Men Edition v1.3
2) Brotherhood Edition v1.2
3) Marvel Universe Edition Final Version
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

BTW, there is an extra S in the team bonus for F4.

And IW's multiple shot power is called Kinetic Bolts. :)

This looks even more amazing than the first! About when in the year can we expect a Brotherhood Edition? No rushing intended.

oh lol, i didnt even notice that, i'll fix it next update

the Brotherhood Edition wont be ready for a while, i need to fix up some characters and do some more mods for it
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Just curious, but there's actually 22 characters shown as the final roster.  Who didn't actually make the cut?

no theres only 21, Human Torch, is shown twice, once at the end of the first row and at the top of the second row.  Moon Knight was replaced by Spiderman.

i also wanted to mention, for the next x_voice update, i'll be including all these characters menu callouts by Nick Fury, and if theres enough room, maybe at least one menu break line for the characters that dont have one.

This mod is EXCELLENT.  And I appreciate how all the characters included are up-to-date.  Is there a way to unlock Iron Man (perhaps through modifying new_game.py?)

you mine as well collect his armor. What the use if you have played as him already? Enjoy the others for awhile lol. The unlock code for it works on keyboard I have tried many times.

heres a py script that unlocks everyone and Iron Man,
http://www.mediafire.com/?1sxixym1qgw

just replace and place here: Scripts/menus/new_gamh.py

Thanks I figured it out: I wanted to see the new skins for him.

August 14, 2008, 10:26PM #12 Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:19PM by nodoubt_jr
In case you wanted to use some more MUA related characters, i just released Dr Doom, Luke Cage, and Nick Fury here http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=970.msg40982#msg40982, as well as Hawkeye a couple of post down.

Is there a way of getting PC MUA skins to XML2 because I hate Invisible Woman's PS2 hair. :iwoman:

no the pc mua skins dont work in xml2, so we can only use ps2 and xbox which both use the short hair model