MUA in 3-D stereo

Started by Kenn, March 07, 2007, 11:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anyone tried playing MUA with shutter glasses? I bought a set last week (they're amazingly cheap now), and I have to say it rocks having the characters in 3-D like that...it almost takes me back to the days waaaaaaay back in the early 1970s when I was a tousled-haired little kid playing with my Mego superheroes on the couch.  Only better.

The set I got is great....39 bucks at xforce3d.com.  I like them, they have a VERY handy inline control that turns the unit on and off, as well as their design which sits on like headphones instead of sitting on my nose...I wear prescrip glasses and the wrap around ones I bought fit real nice over both those and my huge wrestler-sized head.  I had a set of Edimensional glasses, they were wireless but were defective...and cost 70 bucks more.

The cheapest set I found was a mere 19 bucks!  http://tinyurl.com/2ayxyq

If you've never tried gaming with these, you're missing out big time.  I play a lot of first-person shooters, but I always got owned because there was never any sense of depth...but not any more. Between that and my surround-sound headphones, it's pretty hard to sneak up on me....

March 08, 2007, 07:43AM #3 Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 07:53AM by cvc
I got a set awhile back,you forgot to say something about the super amazing headache.

[edit] I got mine a few years ago same co. they maybe improved.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

QuoteI got a set awhile back,you forgot to say something about the super amazing headache.

OK, if it makes you feel better:

WARNING: Use of these glasses will give CVC a headache!

;D

Seriously, though, I've played games for hours at a time wearing them, and never had any ill effect other than some slight motion sickness in Unreal Tournament 2004 when flying or driving.

It could be that you need to set the refresh rate on your monitor higher.

hahahaha...I haven't used them for awhile it was on a old rig I have,could have been refresh rate. Any way you can get deals like I got, 50 3d games 2 sets of glasses back than 100 bucks sure much less now.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!