YOUR video games(Specifically Game Maker, C++, Java)

Started by the amazing spiderman, August 04, 2008, 03:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 04, 2008, 03:29PM Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:59PM by the amazing spiderman
I was just wondering if any1 here did any programming(besides programming stuff in these games)? As in your own games? I have one marvel game here:http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/40278

I made it with a really easy-to-use programming tool called game-maker. Does any1 else here use it and/or have some games they want to show off???

I got the idea from making my character icons(see Game Talk). The graphics are...well, they are basically heads, but i still have fun playing it. Its very incomplete,but im about to put in an update.
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

It's basically an idea-in-progress, but

Marvel Showdown -Xbox

It's just a very simple SP mission in Stark Tower with simulator-only missions.  As you beat missions you unlock MP characters, which is what the focus is.  Versus with all the big Marvel characters.  It would be using the XML2 engine.

Well this couldn't be done with Game-maker, as Game-maker has only little support for 3D games. Teancum, I'm ganna change this topic to your game-maker games and make another topic about your game ideas, b/c i started this thread to talk about game maker and maybe about C++/java. Sorry for really not making that clear at all.

I did a Megaman X game for a college course using Game Maker.  Personally I'd rather not ever go back to 2D stuff.

August 04, 2008, 08:27PM #4 Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:25PM by the amazing spiderman
lol, howcome? And do u still have it? If its ok with u id like to play it :)

I'm sorry? Could you repeat your last sentence please?

oops, sry. I'm using a really old computer and the keys are too close together. sometimes when i type i accidentally hit the arrow keys, which screws up my message. i usually catch b4 i post...sry

Nah, my instructor has it, but I've long since killed off that hard drive.

I've done quite a few C#/C++ games (as that was my degree) and I've managed to weasel my way into the industry now :D if anyone is interested in the stuff I did I could send a link but they're mostly unfinished (but playable).

I'd be interested.  It's always cool to see what a fellow programmer has done.

definetly! mine is totally incomplete, but id rather people lpay it then and tell me whats wrong/what they would like in it :). Please, do send the link!

Ok cool, well here it is: http://danmallinson.co.uk/Sanga/current.zip like I said its not complete but its moddable (thanks to the inspiration of the guys here).

I got more on the main site too if you wanna browse (plus I'd love feedback).

yeah, if anybody could play mine and give feed back too, that would be greate:)!

ps
cant wait to play urs sanga!