Iron Man/Iron America

Started by Teancum, July 24, 2008, 12:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
A while back I remember seeing a blue/white Iron Man before we knew Bucky was the new Cap.  Are there comics that go along with that whole idea, or was it just a throw-you-off image?

July 24, 2008, 08:18PM #1 Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:48PM by Overload
I think that was a throw you off image I believe because I saw a picture with Ironman holding the american flag the exact same way and he was in his normal armor, somebody probably edited the picture...

July 24, 2008, 09:36PM #2 Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:39PM by Venom
Im pretty sure that picture is real and it was from a  what if : civil war issue.

July 24, 2008, 10:46PM #3 Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:52PM by Overload
Quote from: Venom on July 24, 2008, 09:36PM
Im pretty sure that picture is real and it was from a  what if : civil war issue.

You know what Venom, You're right! My bad, I didn't even realize they actually had a comic on it(Never heard of it!?!?) I only saw the picture on google and somebody said they edited the photo to have the silver and blue on it(hence I saw the original photo of him in his gold and red suit holding the flag)
But here is the one apparently on the cover...

Yeah the only reason I remember seeing that it was a comic was from seeing it once on ebay. :D

Anyone still have that pic?  I can't seem to find it.

August 08, 2008, 12:08PM #6 Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:15PM by brohara
It actually originated as a 'throw you off' image during the Civil War marketing and misdirection, according to Joe Q. They liked the image so much that they ended up working it into a Civil War 'What-If' story. So you guys are pretty much guessing correctly. That image certainly made an impression. The next wave of Iron Man movie figs even includes a repaint modeled after that very image (that was in the works even before the What If comic appearance, so not bad for a suit that hadn't actually existed). The comic appearance was kinda 'meh', but I think the suit itself is cool. I'm sure I have that image saved somewhere (I keep all Iron Man related stuff). Teancum, did you still need the image? Or will the one above serve your purposes well enough?
Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/