the dark knight........

Started by muafan, August 19, 2008, 04:26PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i know its been out for 4 weeks but i made this thread too have reviws of tyhis movie.

1.5 stars (out of 5) terible and would have 1 star if not for the joker.
im gonna watch elektra too see if that could be any worse.

it was 2 convoluted, too long, bale is a terrible actor, and what the *&^^ happened with gordon!

August 19, 2008, 07:10PM #3 Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:13PM by Teancum
Bale is the best Batman thus far by leaps and bounds.  I'll give you long and convoluted, but it still was non-stop. 

4.5!!! i thought it was awesome!!! although, it should have been called: "The Joker: Downfall". I think he had more screen-time that bale.
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

I reckon the dark knight was a very good movie but I dont like Bale as Batman.

I only saw it recently and I thought Bale was an awesome Batman, much better than Clooney and Kilmer (and can't remember how well Keaton played him).

I thought Heath Ledger did play a good villain, but the part didn't seem like the Joker - more of just a maniac (I mean where were the exploding Jack in the boxes etc)

I think the movie was fun... interesting and well played. Bale is a great Batman, one of the BEST so far...

I mean, let's recap old Batmans shall we...

Keaton - First, and probably the most loyal to the comic.

Kilmer - WTF?! Too cocky i believe... just doesn't fit the role IMHO

Clooney was an OK Wayne but he didn't play the Batman role the right way if you ask me.

Bale - Plays both role in a convincing way... he isn't perfect but he is one of the best Batmans so far.

The Movies...

The First two (Keaton) where decent movies, i mean the catch the feel and atmosphere of Gotham and even though goofy where good (specially the first one)... the other two (Kilmer, Clooney) where CRAP!... MAYOR CRAP! Too "psycodelic"... too colorfull... too weird retro-punk feel and atmosphere. Really crappy suits (nipples?) and WTF would i want to see Batman's butt when dressing???!!! I mean, COME ON!!!

This new Batman is Gothic, serious and Dark... everything the Dark Knight of Gotham should be... it's not the perfect representation but it's definitely one of the best... a must for ANY Batman FAN!

Cheers

Not to mention EMO! :D

Anyways, I think Ledger totally deserves an award for his stellar performance as the Joker. I never would have expected him to play something like that.

Quote from: Rasdel on September 23, 2008, 03:30PM
I mean, let's recap old Batmans shall we...

Keaton - First, and probably the most loyal to the comic.

Agreed.  And honestly, I was surprised as he's usually a comic actor.

Quote from: Rasdel on September 23, 2008, 03:30PMKilmer - WTF?! Too cocky i believe... just doesn't fit the role IMHO

Yep, great actor, just not as Batman

Quote from: Rasdel on September 23, 2008, 03:30PMClooney was an OK Wayne but he didn't play the Batman role the right way if you ask me.

Even if there are 1000 more actors to play Batman, Clooney will always be the worst.  "Hey Freeze, I'm Batman" --ugh.  At least Kilmer or Keaton could have made the line less cheezy.  Still, you're right, he was a good Wayne

Quote from: Rasdel on September 23, 2008, 03:30PMBale - Plays both role in a convincing way... he isn't perfect but he is one of the best Batmans so far.

Yeah, overall he's by far the best.  Still, his gritty Batman voice sounds a little forced at times.

Schwarzenegger as Freeze was also pretty much crap. The bad guy is a chilly Austrian Californian governator. Riiiight.