X-Men Legends 2 Characters - FINAL (Oct 28, 2008)

Started by BliZZ, September 10, 2008, 10:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I need help with Jean Grey. The animation for her punchies is missing. And yes, I have installed the OC pack before any other mod. I also tried to give her the fight style of Spider Woman, for example, by making a copy of 38_spider_woman_4_combat.igb and renaming it to 123_phoenix_4_combat.igb, but still nothing. My only guess is that it is due to the lack of the fightstyle file in the data/fightstyles folder. Please reply!
All units, we have a high priority situation in data/powerstyles.

P.S. Forget my last comment. I have found a way to fix Jean Grey's melee combat animation.
Step 1:Make sure Captain America is NOT among the first 27 characters in the herostat in the heroselect folder.
Step 2:Replace the _4_ combat files in the actors folders (re-name 123_phoenix_4_combat to 07_captamerica_4_combat (2) and then rename 07_captamerica_4_combat to 123_phoenix_4_combat, and obviously, remove the (2) from 07_captamerica_4_combat (2))
This worked for me. It should work for you as well.
Note: This method is for the XML2 Jean Grey. Not sure if it works for the MUA 2 conversion. See for yourself about that one.
P.S. I hope I won't get banned for asking a question and then answering it myself, I just had no idea at the point of posting the question.

May 10, 2013, 06:26PM #138 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:49PM by Ma Sheng Xian Zhi
had the same problem, gonna try this to fix it, thanks for posting

p.s.- it fixed her combos but her powers are weird now. shoots mental bolt from stomach, cant throw them, and telekinesis is making her twitch...o_O

Did you guys try downloading the entire pack instead one character only? That might fix your problems

P.S. NEW SOLUTION TO JEAN GREY'S ISSUES! (does not interfere with power animations anymore...)
You need the Dark Phoenix mod and make a copy of her _4_combat file. Then re-name the copy to phoenix_4_combat.igb (or whatever Jean Grey's actors _4_combat file was) and you should have the animations almost normal! (P.S. the only animation changed from what it was supposed to be is the 4th power with that Phoenix explosion)

ok that worked, only problem is her smash attack and telekinesis animation goes off to the side...was that intentional or glitch? also i added professor x and now he is doing the same thing jean was...tried swapping with another combat file but didnt work...any ideas?

Sorry Senaku... I have no idea about Xavier... As for Jean Grey's smash attack, it works just fine for me.

its ok, thanks for reply, going to try to re-install the official char mod, hopefully that works

P.S. As for Gambo (or Gambit, as most of us call him  :gambit:), install the booster. It has new melee combat moves. Also, it might be above your expectations!

ok, its working now, i think it was the shared file that did it, although i like jeans fighting style before =( ... n e waze, great mods  :highfive:

May 10, 2016, 06:32AM #146 Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:01AM by Medevenx
Is it just me or is there no README in the pack?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it!