Previous topic - Next topic
September 11, 2008, 04:29PM Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:45PM by muafan
i found this

sight:
http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showtopic=8294
9&
amp;am
p;st=0
it looks like fun but unluckily all teams are taken. therefore i decided to bring the game here.

this will rock de house  :blackshake: :blackshake: :blackshake:

How does the game work? There will be 18 super-hero teams, split into two "conferences," like the NBA and NFL . The two conferences are the Marvel Conference and DC Conference, based on the heroes of the Big Two. Teams will "battle" each other, with winners and losers each week, and rankings will be kept. After the end of the regular season, "play-offs" will be held just as they are in the Nfl. each conference has 3 divisions.there is also a wild card team., until the winner of the Marvel Conference takes on the winner of the DC Conference for the SFL Championship!

What are the guidelines for choosing my team? Each team will have 8 heroes (or in some cases, villains). To keep it fair, I have chosen 8 "positions" that every team owner must fill. I based these positions on common roles of characters in super-teams. You will find that almost every super-team has characters in these roles:

Position #1: The Team Leader. The alpha male or female of the team. Your choice must have served as team leader at some point in the team's history. For example, an avengers team Wasp, Iron Man, or many others in this role.
Position #2: The Co-leader. This character should be the opposite gender of your leader. The "mother" to his "father" figure or vice versa. The "Emma Frost" to his "Cyclops."
Position#3: The Fan Favorite: One of the most popular characters ever to be on this team, the one they put on lunch boxes. Spider-Man, Wolverine, Batman, etc.
Position#4: The Veteran. This character should be a long-standing member of the team, from the founding or shortly thereafter. Martian Manhunter, Thor, Beast, etc.
Position#5: The Rookie. This character must be fairly new to the team, and have less experience than everyone else on the team. Sentry on the Avengers, Black Lightning on Justice League, etc.
Position#6: The Outsider. The Bad Boy/Girl on the team who doesn't play well with others but is loved by us fans for his/her cool aloofness. Cable, Red Tornado, Damage, etc.
Position#7: The Girl/Guy Next Door. This character should be one of the well-liked "everyman" on the team. Kitty Pryde, Hawkeye, Stargirl, etc.
Position#8: The Jerkward. This character should be the opposite gender of the Outsider. They resemble villains and sometimes become them. Moondragon, Gambit, Guy Gardner, etc.

Every team owner must fill every slot with characters from that team's history. It will be first come, first serve, so the same character can not be on multiple teams. Somebody better hurry up and pick Wolverine quick (-8 yes u can pick dead guys now!

What are the 16 teams? First, here are the 8 teams for the Marvel Conference.

Pop. division:
MIGHTY AVENGERS: Anyone who has served as an Avenger from the regular 616 Marvel Universe. No Ultimate versions of characters.T
NEW AVENGERS: he Mets to the Mighty Avengers' Yankees. Same guidelines as the Mighty Avengers, but no duplicate choices. First come, first serve.

FANTASTIC FOUR: Any FF member or character with very strong tie to the FF, like Namor. As in all cases, I will be the final judge on which character is eligible for each team and position.

X-division:
ASTONISHING X-MEN: Any 616 X-man or woman.
UNCANNY X-MEN: Any 616 X-man or woman. No duplicates with Astonishing.
BROTHERHOOD OF EVIL MUTANTS: Any evil Marvel mutant is eligible so long as they fit the position criteria. Some of the positions are the same (who is a mutant baddie fan favorite?) and some need to be reversed (what mutant baddie is the opposite of the "girl next door?)
Extra division:
YOUNG RUNAWAYS: Any Young Avenger or Runaways team member.
MASTERS OF EVIL: Any 616 Marvel non-mutant baddie. Same criteria as the Brotherhood.
URBAN KNIGHTS- any urban hero or marvel knight

Now the DC Conference!
Justice division:
JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA: Anyone who has served as a Leaguer in the regular, non Elseworlds DC universe.
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL: Plenty of Leaguers left for a second team! No duplicates!
JUSTICE SOCIETY AMERICA: Any Society member still alive and kicking!

Middling division:
OUTSIDERS: Any Outsider member. If you want Batman, he can't be on another team already!
TITANS: Any New, Teen, or adjectiveless Titan still alive and not on another team already.
LEGION: Any Legion of Super-Heroes member. In this case, it can be from any of the three Legions since their powers are all about the same anyway. You can't have more than one of the same character though (no duplicate Duplicate Girls or whatever).

Evil division:
INJUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA: Any DC baddie is eligible. Same criteria as Brotherhood.
INJUSTICE SOCIETY AMERICA: Any DC baddie who's not on the Injustice League already.
NEW GODS- any new god or apokaliptan.
There's your 18 teams to choose from!

how do u battle? every non-participating player tells me who they think will win every vote gives that team 3 points. a mjnority for wining gives them 10. i also ask people to vote on the invidual matchups,. for example if its URBAN KNIGHTS vs. Aston. X-men and the leader are cyclops vs. daredevil assitant jeanie vs. doc strange etc. u vote who u think would win in that match up! every vote for a win gives a team 1 point a majority gives them 3. the team with the most points at the end WINS!

Schedule will be deturmed soon! it will be based on the nfl schedule

i am sighning up to be Mighty avengers! uncanny x-men

Position #1:  :xavier:
Position #2:  :phoenix:
Position#3:  :wolverine:
Position#4:  :beast:
Position#5:   :sunspot:
Position#6:  :cable:
Position#7:  :nightcrawler:
Position#8:  :sunfire:

back ups:
Position#5:  :magma:
Position#6:  :wbane:
Position#7:  :shadowcat2:

alright everybody else sighn up come one come all!!

If NOT ONE OTHER JOINS WITH IN THE WEEK I WILL SHUT DOWN THE IDEA!

Edit:

last minute rule changes:

overtime/ back up bench u also get to choose 3 backups incase of tie. each b ackup has a position.
if its a tie the backup replaces those ones it replaced for a new battle! (only the genrael team battles) the winner takes all!

leader cannot be backed up.

new backup rules:
u can have at least fiver backups but u need 3 u can only put in 3 of ur choice for over time. u can also start a battle with a back-up subbed in. ujust have to notify me and ur oponenet. thus my backups are:
Position#5: magma   
Position#6:  wolfsbane
Position#7:  kittypryde
#8 pyro.

schedule updates:
The 18 players should be committed marvelmods posters, as the "season" will last 18 ) weeks (ech team has 1 bye week and 17 battles) and require each player to check and post on the board about once a week. It shouldn't take a ridiculous amount of time though for any player though, but don't quit on me half way through the season

Quote from: muafan on September 11, 2008, 04:29PM

If NOT ONE OTHER JOINS WITH IN THE WEEK I WILL SHUT DOWN THE IDEA!

i am giving an extension untill 12:00am saturday night.

this iis THE LAST CALL!

otherwise i am ABANDANING THIS PROJECT!!

Looks like nobody's interested.  Sorry.  To avoid spam this is getting the lock.